crossed

• Updated: Fri, April 12, 2013

• Reported By: M Bastos — Plano Texas
STATUSBABY MOVING
2400 West Copans Road Suite 9 Pompano Beach, Florida United States of America

STATUSBABY MOVING Thinking about using their services? Please read on before doing to do. Pompano Beach, Florida

*Author of original report: Status Baby delivery problems

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Insurance will somehow prevent the event from occurring.

*Author of original report: Your laughable offer

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Maria Bastos Response

Back in 08/26/2012 I paid StatusBaby Moving & Storage $412 for them to deliver a 27" box to Brazil. They said it was going to take between 120-150 days to deliver it.

Since then, I have been contacting them on a bi-weekly basis after 150 days and they usually explained it was a delay at the port, then that they needed to consolidate shipment, so forth and so on. Finally, yesterday (04/03/13), more than 8 months later, someone finally had the guts to come clear and tell me that their truck where my box was being transported caught on fire back in January and my box was lost. I called them more than 6 times after January and the explanation was that they were waiting to consolidate shipping. They offered me $150 refund, which was the maximum their insurance covered.

When I asked about the $412 for the service, they said it was non-refundable.

It is really amazing to see how these companies can get away time and time again with these tactics. Probably because we consumers are spread throughout the country and don't hear about each other's experiences with them.

So, I am sharing my experience here because I sincerely hope I can help others from getting theselves in the same sitution I'm in right now. It's not pleasant!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 06:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/STATUSBABY-MOVING/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33069/STATUSBABY-MOVING-Thinking-about-using-their-services-Please-read-on-before-doing-to-do-1042395. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on STATUSBABY MOVING

Status Baby delivery problems

AUTHOR: M Bastos - ()

You allegedly got my shipment in August of 2012 from a company that had gone bankrupt (BrasilCourier), gave me a call and offered to either return it to me for $200 or to forward it on to it's final destination for $412. You said it would take between 120 and 150 days (Max end of January). I called numerous times between Dec/2012 and Mar/2013 and always got the same anwer: everything was fine and it would be delivered soon. Then, in late March you tell me that a truck caught fire in a remote city of Brasil back in January/2013 and my shipment was in it. Is that how you treat your customers?

You say you're  aren 100% family owned company. Then, if you're the owner, I ask you to put yourself on my shoes and reflect how would it feel having to pay someone money for losing your belongings.

Still waiting for your check.

Have a good day.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Insurance will somehow prevent the event from occurring.

AUTHOR: STATUS BABY MOVING CORP. - ()

Answer: April 09th 2013
Maria Bastos
Plano, TX 75025
Re: Claim for OF# 770.001
Dear Mr(s). Bastos,
We are in receipt of your complain indicating that OF# 770.001 did not arrive at destination address in Brazil due to truck that caught on fire.
As per your claim you stated the following:
OF# 770.001 – 01 (27”) – box did not arrived at destination due to truck that caught on fire. – Claim Accepted $150.00 (One Hundred and Fifty Dollars).

As per your contract with us, the insurance clause as described:
“Status Baby Moving Corp will provide insurance of shipping price for coverage for ‘door to door’ delivery at the following rates:
ECONO-BOX (27”) – Three (3%) percent of shipment price for coverage up to $150.00 in the event of losses, accidents and incidents of theft and coverage up to $75.00 for box disorders”
Notwithstanding the above referenced issue, and without waiving any of our legal rights or defenses and without admitting to any liability but as an offer of compromise, we propose as a settlement in full the sum of One Hundred and Fifty Dollars. The funds will be payable within thirty business days of acceptance and this offer will remain open for ten (10) days from the date of this letter after which time it shall be deemed withdrawn.
By accepting the funds, customer agrees that no further actions can be taken; being but not limited to lawsuits, or any other actions that would affect the company’s interests such as ads on paper, magazines, TV, radio, etc.

We Are A 100% Family Owned and Operated Business for Over 35 Years, Insured,Reliable and Honest company ! Best Regards, Johnny Christovam.(Son)

Insurance protects you should an event occur that could completely change your  standard of life, whether due to accident or injury, loss of a home, or even a  financial setback.

Your laughable offer

AUTHOR: M Bastos - ()

Please, seriously, keep your $150, my $412 and most likely my stuff too. Apparently you need it more than I do. I'm sure I will have helped other people from getting into the same situation and that will be enough for me.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Maria Bastos Response

AUTHOR: STATUSBABYMOVING - ()

Dear Maria Bastos,

We at Status Baby Moving Corp would like to apologize for the situation that you are in. We also have other customers that had shipments in the truck that caught on fire. Unfortunately, this situation is unpredictable and it is a liability of the company. However, I can assure you that we are doing our best in order to fulfill all duties to all customers that are in the same circumstances as you are. We will be more than happy to fulfill our agreement as a company and pay the insurance coverage for total loss that was included with our door to door service, which was $150.00. Unfortunately due to the terms of the contract that is in place we are not able to refund the amount of $412.00 that you paid for our services. A formal settlement agreement will be mailed out to the original address we have on file for you, and a check will be mailed out to you once we receive it signed by you. If the information we have on file for you is not updated please contact our office in order to update it. Again we are very sorry that this situation occurred, and we hope that we can still be used for all your moving services in the future. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to give us a call at 954-943-5966. I hope you have a great day.