Complaint Review: STEAM

• Updated: Thu, February 03, 2011

• Reported By: Carlos — hampton Georgia United States of America
STEAM
PO BOX 1688 Bellevue, Washington United States of America

STEAM Valve, Steam rippoff,thieves,unresponsive,unprofessional,rude Bellevue, Washington

*Consumer Comment: vac ban

I recently purchased Call of duty modern warfare 2 from Steam and have been playing it for a while now,about a month agoI could no longer play it and when I checked with steam they told me that it was banned for a cheating Infraction. I never had a cheat on my PC and I am the only one who ever used my pc.This is what Steam had to say..

The details of the ban will not be provided

Steam Support will not disclose the cheats that were detected running on your system or the date and time the infraction took place. Any requests for this information will be ignored. VAC may not ban you immediately - the cheating violation may have occurred days or even weeks before the ban is apparent on your account. So they would not help,so I wiped my pc and reloaded windows 7. I went to Walmart and purchased black ops for pc and installed it on my new computer. [continued below]....

..... One week after playing it they banned me again for BLACK OPS!!! Here is what they had to say.

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello , I understand your frustration in this matter; however, our system has confirmed that the ban was applied legitimately. A VAC ban applies to the game(s) regardless of who was using the account at the time. It does not matter if you let someone use the account, or if the account was being used without your knowledge. It is your responsibility to safeguard your account against such activities. I am sorry, the VAC ban on the game(s) will not be removed. Before continuing to use Steam and Steam games on your computer, please remove all cheats from your system. Failure to do so may result in further VAC bans on the account. Please refer to the Steam Subscriber Agreement and the Rules of Steam Online Conduct if you wish to review our policy regarding this matter. Steam Subscriber Agreement. I will never buy another game from Steam, and I suggest that you do not buy any games from them also. $120.00 down the drain for what?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2011 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/STEAM/Bellevue-Washington-98009/STEAM-Valve-Steam-rippoffthievesunresponsiveunprofessionalrude-Bellevue-Washington-681361. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on STEAM

vac ban

AUTHOR: jason - (Portugal)

hi,it happend to me to,but i have been playing since december 2009,i spent 59,99 euros on modern warfare 2,and 18 euros on the dlc. Now i am vac banned and i dont know why,i never cheated on mw2,the steam support says the same thing about me. i am banned since 2nd of february 2011,do you think that after a year playing mw2 i would cheat to loose my game?? i dont know what more i can do,i played all the prestiges without hacks to,and they got to have a way to see what happend.It is very frustating not be able to play a game because of something you didnt do. Just one more thing,i am worried if i bought another mw2 in another account and i get vac banned to,then what would they say.Oh right,they would say:Hello , I understand your frustration in this matter; however, our system has confirmed that the ban was applied legitimately. A VAC ban applies to the game(s) regardless of who was using the account at the time. It does not matter if you let someone use the account, or if the account was being used without your knowledge. It is your responsibility to safeguard your account against such activities. I am sorry, the VAC ban on the game(s) will not be removed. Before continuing to use Steam and Steam games on your computer, please remove all cheats from your system. Failure to do so may result in further VAC bans on the account.Thanks