Complaint Review: STENGER & STENGER

• Updated: Sun, May 19, 2013

• Reported By: otteronnit — Farmington Hills Michigan
STENGER & STENGER
2618 East Paris Ave SE Grand Rapids, MI 49546 Grand Rapids, Michigan USA

STENGER & STENGER Harrassment, added interest rates after threat of garnishment, constant mailings ever after I worked out a payment plan Grand Rapids Michigan

My daughter answered the door to our apartment last August and received a Supoena from Stenger & Stenger for a 7-year-old credit card debt that I assumed had been included in my 2001 bankruptcy.  The amount was for $985 dollars for "Orchard Bankcredit services".  I called them a few days later and asked when the court date was.  They didn't tell me, but instead insisted that I pay them or they would garnish my wages for $200 a month.

I didn't have money for an attorney, and I knew they had purchased this old debt from Orchard Credit....so I agreed to an automatic withdrawal from my checking account for $75 per month.  Since that agreement, they have added a bunch of "interest rate fees" to what I oringinally owed, and even though I have made 6 payments of 75.00 per month, the amount I supposedly owe continues to remain high.  They even garnished my Michigan tax return to obtain the debt.  I needed to use this tax refund to pay my federal taxes (which I ended up owing for 2012.  So I now have no means to pay my federal taxes amounting to $620.)

The fact that these creeps can swoop in and garnish money that is owed to federal taxes is outrageous to me.  I'm sure that this corporation is making life a misery for thousands of people who have old debts that they simply cannot pay as fast as these crooks want them to.

They are evil corporate parasites.  And something should be done to protect average, working class people.

Sincerely,

Julie Andress

Farmington Hills, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2013 07:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/STENGER-STENGER/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49546/STENGER-STENGER-Harrassment-added-interest-rates-after-threat-of-garnishment-constan-1052188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on STENGER & STENGER