Complaint Review: STEPHEN STROTHER - ARMUSIC1.COM

• Submitted: Sat, December 25, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, January 06, 2010

• Reported By:patterson New Jersey
STEPHEN STROTHER - ARMUSIC1.COM
2132 SARA ASHLEY WAY Suite 300 LITHONIA, Georgia U.S.A.

Stephen Strother AKA ARMUSIC1.COM Stephen Strother AKA ARMUSIC1.COM is a fraud be safe!!! LITHONIA Georgia

*General Comment: STEPHEN STROTHER = LOU PEARLMAN - ARMUSIC1.COM SCAM

*Consumer Comment: In Defense of Mr. Stephen Strother

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: To Mr. Muhammad Shakir (aka East, Steve1, James, Thashine) Extortion, Slander and Defamation are Serious Crimes!

I paid for a mambership registry from this company and found out they were fraud after talking to the Owner (Stephen Strother AKA ARMUSIC1.COM)and basically the only person that runs his business behind his computer and try's to make it seem like it's something bigger than what it really is,but real businesses dont go against there own policies and do refund people their money when they dont get/like their services.

Their site if full of broken links and promises and also broken people stealing the money from those wanting to pursue their dreams.I see that someone else already reported them on here and at a couple more places on the inter net one of which i will include here: http://www.sonicbids.com/forum/topic_list.asp?forum_id=8&page=1

Check that out also there are more on that same forum that say's they are fraud and unprofessionall and sloppy with their gimmick. I spoke to the head of the "Rip Off" squad (STEPHEN STROTHER)and instantly didn't get a good vibe from him he' a "Natural Born Loser" and once i find him i will whip his a*s and take my money back!

James
Patterson, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/25/2004 12:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/STEPHEN-STROTHER-ARMUSIC1COM/LITHONIA-Georgia-30058-8953/Stephen-Strother-AKA-ARMUSIC1COM-Stephen-Strother-AKA-ARMUSIC1COM-is-a-fraud-be-safe-124342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on STEPHEN STROTHER - ARMUSIC1.COM

#1 General Comment

STEPHEN STROTHER = LOU PEARLMAN - ARMUSIC1.COM SCAM

AUTHOR: LAWYER - (USA)

THIS GUY IS A SCAM I CAN PROVE IT HE HAS FAKE!!!!! HIS TESTIMONIALS ARE FAKE!!! LETS CALL THESE SO CALLED PEIOLE AND SEE HOW TRUE THEY ARE OR IF THEY EVEN KNOW HIM.. I KNOW OF 4 THAT HAVE NEVER HEARD OF HIM AND HAVE NOT SIGNED ANYONE.... HE IS A FAKE, AND I WILL BE CALLING HIS a*s TOMORROW ANOTHER LOU PEARLMAN IS WHAT WE HAVE HERE. ANOTHE RSCAM SCUM BAG.......

In Defense of Mr. Stephen Strother

AUTHOR: Ladybug72 - (U.S.A.)

I stand in defense of Mr. Strother as a former client because he helped me out of an industry scam a while ago when I was managing my brothers group.

Mr. Strother is indeed a legitimate industry contact and the former A&R Executive for LaFace records and once LaFace records went out of business and moved offices to New York, Mr. Strother continued his A&R services independently. I know this for a fact because when I was in the midst of the the problem I was going through with a local (hate to say it), but fake record label, the people that were trying to scam my brothers group claimed that they were being "endorsed" by LaFace records, so in order to find out if this were true or not, I contacted LaFace myself (then located in Atlanta) and was forwarded to Mr. Strother, who was very helpful and told me to discontinue any business with the label until he investigated it. Within 24 hours, Mr. Strother got back to me and told me that the label was indeed a scam and LaFace knew nothing of them. After several months of conversing back and forth with Mr. Strother, it was then that I found out about A&R Music 1 Music Business seminars.

I paid to go to one of the seminars but had to cancel at the last minute due to illness. I didn't receive money back because when you sign up for these seminars it stipulates strict refund policies in that you have only a short period of time to request a refund, otherwise no money will be returned, which makes completes sense given the fact that this money goes towards the panel of industry exects that come out to the seminars. To get any industry exect or artist to come out to events is very costly. However even though I wasn't able to get money back, he did send me paperwork that he would forward my registration to the next event if I still wanted to come, which again I couldn't lol, but I still appreciate Mr. Strother for taking the effort in trying to help me make it down to Atlanta.

I hope everything works out.

Take care.

Kristi S
Washington, DC

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Stephen Strother - (U.S.A.)

Mr. Muhammad Shakir,

We have no customer named "James from Patterson, N.J." This post was created by the same person as the other in this section - Mr. Muhammad Shakir (aka East, Steve1, James, Thashine, Masdestruck, etc.)

Creating slanderous and defamatory posts under aliases and multiple names, as well as from the same IP address, only complicates the legal ramifications of your actions.

One of the great aspects about this country is our freedom of speech. However, when you abuse your first amendment rights to extort and slander other persons, our judicial system treats your actions as serious crimes and with specific legal remedies.

Your recent action of extortion - threatening to continue to attempt to cause harm to my name and business until we send you money has serious legal consequences that could impact you for a very long time. (ref: www.armusic1.com/contact - ticket# 10724 / Email: ALL )

You have not been ripped-off, coaxed or persuaded to use our services. In addition, our company has not failed to deliver services. Your request for refund was denied because
your request was made 13 days after the subscription start date and your reason for a refund , I have bills to pay , does fall within our refund guidelines. In addition, our
subscriptions are non-refundable as stated upfront in your membership agreement (www.armusic1.com/terms.php).

(All transcript of all supporting correspondence between Muhammad Shakir (aka James) and A&R Music1.com are located here: www.armusic1.com/contact - ticket# 10659, 10650, 10658 / Email: ALL ) Please note, customer was raving about A&R Music1.com's service - listen to own recorded testimonial under http://www.armusic1.com/mshakir . Since last week Mr. Muhammad has attempted discredit A&R Music1.com, by slandering, defaming and attempting to extort us into to paying him the membership fee to stop.

Regards,

CEO, A&R Music1.com, LLC.