Complaint Review: STERLING UNITED

• Submitted: Thu, January 24, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, April 11, 2012

• Reported By:Sarasota Florida
STERLING UNITED
FERN PARK, Florida U.S.A.

STERLING UNITED ERIN MORGAN - SUPPOSED OWNER FERN PARK Florida

*Consumer Comment: Erin Morgan got sued and fired!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: Advice for Marcia, and Sunday.

*Consumer Comment: Dear Marcia

*Author of original report: STERLING UNITED-DEFINATELY COUNT ME IN TOO!!

I received a letter today from this company on a debt that was paid in full via the sale of my home back in 1999!! Of course, I just figured it was an oversight on their part and that a quick phone call would straighten it out. After being put on hold 3 times and then being connected to their "Legal Department", I spoke to a very indignant and condescending Erin Morgan, who was admonishing me for not recording the satisfaction at my local public records department. After just hearing her tone of voice, that it was MY FAULT that the title company never recorded the Satisfaction of Judgement, yes, I definately got irritated and the more she told me I needed to calm down, the angrier I got. I get the feeling that they are paid to upset people instead of trying to work with them to resolve a problem. She told me to fax her a copy of the documentation immediately. Well the more this little girl spoke the more irritated I got. She hung up on me. I then called back (they must have caller ID, because when the girl answered the phone, she was incredibly rude) I asked for the owner of the company.

She said, would you like to speak to Erin Morgan? I said "NO", I would like the owner of the company. I felt like she was trying to stall me..she then said Marcia, you asked for the owner of the company and I told you it was Erin Morgan. So now not only is Erin Morgan, the "Legal Department", but she is also the "Owner" too. Then she hung up on me also. I called back and just asked for the fax number, so that I could fax the paperwork. She gave it to me too fast and hung up on me again. I called back, this time the "Owner Erin Morgan" answered and started admonishing me once again! (I have kids older than her that aren't allowed to speak to adults in that tone).

Anyway, I told her to just give me the fax number - I had decided not to exchange words with this "professional children" any further. I then put a call in to the original debtor and left the accounting manage a voice mail. I am going to quietly and civily resolve this small matter directly with them. The humorous part of this whole thing is, I work for an Attorney who will have no problem filing a complaint on my behalf with the Fair Credit Reporting Agency. There are very strict guidelines by which these "collection agencies" have to adhere to. Threatening people is definately not allowed. Even though this might seem like a minor issue for me personally, I cannot tolerate people who make their living by treating others in this manner. A legitimate collection agency will try to work with you and help you resolve the problem. I also tried to do a thorough search on the State of Florida's Department of Corporations and could find no listing of their company. (Is Mr. Fischer Erin's brother maybe?)

Marcia
Sarasota, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2008 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/STERLING-UNITED/FERN-PARK-Florida-32730/STERLING-UNITED-ERIN-MORGAN-SUPPOSED-OWNER-FERN-PARK-Florida-303081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on STERLING UNITED

Erin Morgan got sued and fired!!!

AUTHOR: WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY - (United States of America)

THIS GIRL ERIN MORGAN HAS BEEN SUED AND SHE IS NO LONGER THERE BUT THE MIKE MARTIN IS STILL UP TO NO GOOD..THIS COMPANY SHOULD HAVE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT...THE OWNER IS NAME RANDY AND PAULA AND THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS THEY HAVE BEEN MAKING MONEY LIKE THIS FOR YEARS.. SOMEONE NEED TO SHUT THIS COMPANY DOWN!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Advice for Marcia, and Sunday.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

No government agency takes action as a result of a phone call.

Any complaints to government agencies MUST be in writing to even be considered for action.

Furthermore, the FTC has jurisdiction over debt collectors which is the FDCPA which can be found at the FTC.gov website. You can also file an online complaint while there, but understand that the FTC does NOT do individual enforcement. They compile complaints and then take action when a certain number of complaints have been recieved.

Unfortunately, it is your responsibility to take these people to court for the damages they have caused you. That is the law.

Dear Marcia

AUTHOR: Sunday Lee - (U.S.A.)

GOOD LUCK!!! I have placed phone calls all over the State of Fl about this company to include all three credit reporting agencies and NO ONE will do anything. The woman who ownes this company i have googled and recieved alot of information about this company and their employees which reveal false name for themselves to cover up. I have alot of information you may need so if you need it just let me know and GOOD LUCK with your battle, I hope it works out for you.
Sunday
(((ROR REDACTED)))

STERLING UNITED-DEFINATELY COUNT ME IN TOO!!

AUTHOR: Marcia - (U.S.A.)

These people need to be stopped. I don't think they have a clue about what the law allows and does not allow them to do!