Complaint Review: STEVEN ZARELLI

• Updated: Tue, July 01, 2014

• Reported By: Ion — Cambridge Massachusetts
STEVEN ZARELLI
Ballston Lake NY Ballston Lake, New York United States of America

STEVEN ZARELLI Steve Zarelli Autograph Authenticator Who is this guy ? This guy is an Autograph Authenticator ? Really ? Not in my humble opinion ! Ballston Lake, New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Steve Zarelli Space Authentication

*Consumer Suggestion: CHARLTON HESTON NEVER EMPLOYED A SECRETARY !

I sell Books. mostly first Editions  and signed books. Most of my signed books were acquired in person. In 1996 , Charlton Heston signed twelve books at a book signing event.  I got my picture taken with him . Nobody ever signs their name exactly the same way twice, the signatures are all basically the same except the "r" in charlton is written slightly different on each book that Chuck signed for me, some look like an "r", some look like a large "r" and some resemble an "l" .

Since these were signed in front of me, I never really scutinized the signatures at all.......The problem is , some Pejorative Author recently published an article about Charlton Heston's autograph claiming that the Heston signatures with "r"s that look like "l"s are secretarial. I disagree and the books signed in front of me would support my position and would disprove the article. This is my opinion based on my own, "In Person" experience with Chuck Heston!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2013 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/STEVEN-ZARELLI/Ballston-Lake-New-York-12019/STEVEN-ZARELLI-Steve-Zarelli-Autograph-Authenticator-Who-is-this-guy-This-guy-is-an-A-1045114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on STEVEN ZARELLI

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Steve Zarelli Space Authentication

AUTHOR: JVance - ()

After reading this I will voice my opinion and say that third party authenticators are a joke. Third party authenticators make money off people by giving opinions and they have no formal training at all in handwriting forensics. Some of the so-called authenticators claim to have helped with court cases and this may be true but usually in either civil cases that require less concrete evidence or sometimes hearsay evidence might be used in a criminal case in certain instances.

I personally find it ludicrous and insulting to think that a civilian can do a proper investigation into a sample of handwriting when law enforcement investigators spend many classroom hours studying handwriting forensics. This is like a civilian doing fingerprinting or DNA examinations because this is just not realistic. This is insulting to law enforcement and unfair to collectors like this one.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

CHARLTON HESTON NEVER EMPLOYED A SECRETARY !

AUTHOR: Bob McCalls - ()

My own opinion is that Steve Zarelli is all wet when it comes to Charlton Heston. I Agree that Heston never used a secretary and that in certain instances Chuck  signed Charlton in such a way as to look like "Challton" but this was just the way he would sometimes sign his name. I know because I TOO got books signed in person and all of mine look like Challton so Steve Zarelli is full of @#$%^& !!!  Chuck Heston was an honest man.