Complaint Review: STL Auto Brokers

• Updated: Thu, May 29, 2014

• Reported By: Peggy — saint peters Missouri
STL Auto Brokers
810 Nicola Lane OFallon, Missouri USA

STL Auto Brokers Complaint Description: Car purchased has major damage to the engine when I was told the engine is great and would last a long time. My son and I purchased a car from Jay, the owner of STL Auto Brokers. The car was to get my son back and forth to work. I believed Jay when he told me that there was nothing wrong with the engine and that it should should run for years to come. We put 3 miles on the car before it stopped working. When an auto mechanic looked at it he said there were 3 broken motor mounts, problems with the timing, a cracked radiator, corroded fuse box and many other concerns. The auto mechanic said the car would cost much more than what we had paid for it to even just make it safe to drive. I called and talked to Jay about this and his response was disheartening. He said that he would not take the car back or fix the car. He told me that most educated people would have had the car checked out. Funny thing is that I am very educated but I trusted someone whom I should not have. The car is a 1990 Toyota Celica. Where I expected to have to replace some things on the car like the tires and windshield wipers, I did not expect to have a car with major mechanical needs because I believed Jay when he told me that the car's engine was is good working order. Your Desired Resolution: I would like him to take back the car with only 3 miles on it since we purchased it and refund the money so that I can be able to buy a car that is safe for my son. OFallon Missouri

Complaint Description:

Your Desired Resolution:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2014 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/STL-Auto-Brokers/OFallon-Missouri-63366/STL-Auto-Brokers-Complaint-Description-Car-purchased-has-major-damage-to-the-engine-when-1150713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on STL Auto Brokers