Complaint Review: SUBWAY SANDWICHES

• Submitted: Sat, February 28, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 05, 2009

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
SUBWAY SANDWICHES
Cahuenga Blvd Universal City, California U.S.A.

SUBWAY SANDWICHES POISONED ME!!! FOOD POISONING, GROSS, SO SICK!! Universal City California

*Consumer Comment: dirty knives

*Consumer Comment: Ummm...

Ugh! I had a sandwich from Subway in Universal City, CA last night and within a few hours I was sick beyond repair! I can't get up except to throw up! It was a tuna sandwich with spinach, tomatoes, and onions.

I am so sick and if I don't feel better soon, I will be in the emergency room. I'm delirious, weak, dehydrated, and have extreme pain. I will NEVER eat there again and on Monday I am reporting them to the Health Dept. WITH a stool sample. They are unsanitary, filthy would be a better description.

Save your money and eat somewhere else.

I invite any Subway executive to contact me for a copy of my receipt, a copy of the complaint to the Health Dept, and my medical report.

Clean up your restaurants and don't leave knives and scoopers in the food! Botulism sets in in just 7 minutes

Joseph
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2009 08:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SUBWAY-SANDWICHES/Universal-City-California/SUBWAY-SANDWICHES-POISONED-ME-FOOD-POISONING-GROSS-SO-SICK-Universal-City-Californi-429537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SUBWAY SANDWICHES

dirty knives

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

I love Subway's food but a lot of times(and at a lot of different Subways) they use dirty knives to cut my sandwich! I don't like mayonnaise, and they will use a knife they used on other customers sandwiches and this gets mayonnaise on my sandwich. They don't even bother to clean the knives between sandwiches! Sometimes I try to stop them before they use the dirty knife, but by then it's too late, they've already used the knife on my sandwich! And if I do manage to stop them in time, and say, "Please don't use that knife on my sandwich," or please clean that knife off before using it on my sandwich," etc., they just look at me like I'm crazy! And it really doesn't do much good to complain because the managers don't seem to care. I love their sandwiches but these unsanitary practices are dangerous, especially if someone is allergic to certain condiments(mayonnaise, for example).

Ummm...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

Botulism sets in after seven minutes? But food poisoning takes 24-48 hours. So if you time frame of just a few jours after the sandwich you became sick, it wasn't from the sandwich.