Complaint Review: SUMMIT VAN LINES - David Greenberg, Haidi Smith And Guy Shoshanderg)

• Submitted: Sun, August 15, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, August 15, 2004

• Reported By:NANUET New York
SUMMIT VAN LINES - David Greenberg, Haidi Smith And Guy Shoshanderg)
980 NORTHWEST 10TH AVE FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida U.S.A.

SUMMIT VAN LINES (Individuals David Greenberg, Haidi Smith And Guy Shoshanderg) ripoff holding property hostage Never agreed to delivery date Property damage FORT LAUDERDALE Florida

On 7/24/04 I made arrangements with Summit Van Lines to move my personal property from Florida to New York. I was entitled to one month free storage which would expire approximately 8/24/04.

My closing on my co-op is scheduled to take place on 8/18/04 I notified Heidi at Summit Van Lines on 8/11 and told her I will call her once I close on my co-op to make arrangements for delivery The co-op board stated to me that I am only to move on Monday to Friday from 9am - 5pm. I wrote this information on the contract at the time Summit Van Lines moved my property. And also wrote I will notify them once I close to schedule delivery date I was told by Heidi "don't worry no problem".

On Sunday morning 8/15/04 at 8:42am I received a call from David Greenberg at Summit Van Lines to notify me that "they will be delivering my furniture today (8/15). I told David that I have not closed yet and I would not be able to accept deliveries until I close. An hour later Guy Shoshanderg contacted me and told me that they have to deliver it today (8/15/04) or I will have to pay additional charges for redelivery. I never confirmed any delivery date with Summit Van Lines since I have not closed on my co-op yet. And also I would never agree to have the furniture delivered on the weekend because I would be fined by the co-op board for weekend move ins.

As well as Sunday being my Sabbath. So at this point I can't accept delivery and they threatened they would put my furniture in storage and I would have to make arrangements to pick it up myself. My concern is that either my property will be sold, lost or damaged. I am asking for your help regarding this issue.

Winston
NANUET, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2004 06:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SUMMIT-VAN-LINES-David-Greenberg-Haidi-Smith-And-Guy-Shoshanderg/FORT-LAUDERDALE-Florida-33311/SUMMIT-VAN-LINES-Individuals-David-Greenberg-Haidi-Smith-And-Guy-Shoshanderg-ripoff-hol-103774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SUMMIT VAN LINES - David Greenberg, Haidi Smith And Guy Shoshanderg)