Complaint Review: SUN LIFE FINANCIAL GROUP

• Updated: Mon, March 30, 2009

• Reported By:FRIDLEY Minnesota
SUN LIFE FINANCIAL GROUP
INTERNATIONAL FINANCE DEPARTMENT NATIONWIDE, Ontario Canada

SUN LIFE FINANCIAL GROUP WINNER OF SWEEPSTAKES I NEVER ENTERED NO CITY, NO WEB Ontario NATIONWIDE

I received a letter in an envelope with no return address. Enclosed was a letter notifying me that I was a winner in a recent sweepstakes ( which I never entered ). Also enclosed was a check for $3875.00 to pay for taxes in order to receive the $55,000 prize.
It was immediately suspicious because I didn't enter any sweepstakes. Also, the claim that taxes must be paid seperately is false.

Finally, the so called claim analysts from Canada have a US phone number ( 647-830-5663 ).
I searched for this company and found a link to SUN LIFE FINANCIAL GROUP FRAUDULENT SWEEPSTAKES just below the link to a legitimate SUN LIFE FINANCIAL GROUP of Toronto, Ontario which has nothing to do with any sweepstakes.
Finally, I suspect this check will bounce and cost a charge against my account.

David
FRIDLEY, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2009 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SUN-LIFE-FINANCIAL-GROUP/NATIONWIDE-Ontario/SUN-LIFE-FINANCIAL-GROUP-WINNER-OF-SWEEPSTAKES-I-NEVER-ENTERED-NO-CITY-NO-WEB-Ontario-NAT-439293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SUN LIFE FINANCIAL GROUP