Complaint Review: SUNDANCE VACATIONS

• Updated: Wed, September 05, 2012

• Reported By: GBT — Garey Indiana United States of America
SUNDANCE VACATIONS
264 HIGHLAND PARK BLVD WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania United States of America

SUNDANCE VACATIONS Deceptive..Non caring...Rude...Unable to fufill contract request WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania

I initially was invited to a presentation by an offer of a free cruise. turns out the cruise is not free at all, with all the fees you have to pay, the only deal may be the airfare, if you can stand 1 or 2 layovers.
The idea of spending vacation weeks at various locations sounded great. Once I researched the locations, they seemed to be 1 or 2 star rating. My main destination was Hawaii. Found out later, they did no have a location in Honolulu, which was my destination. they offered Maui and Molokai only.
I decided upon Maui and I wanted something for October. The first time I called, they had only December 15th available and nothing until July of 2013 !!! I was firm on October and they wanted to give me Molokai, which was less desirable. I felt they were trying to give me something that I did not want, and I told them how I felt.
I spoke with a Manager and was told he would see what he could do. several weeks later, no return call from the manager. I spoke to customer service again and the rep was rude and would interrupt my every sentence. They did do care that the travel agency was always out of the office, lunch hours and quitting hours would change daily. When I complained about the travel agency, I was connected to them. They told me I could have used Expedia or Orbitz to book travel. The initial presentation focused on not having to use any other type of travel service.
Sundance vacations have failed to offer anything acceptable, and really does not care enough to return phone calls. The finance company calls everyday because I refuse to pay for a service that can not perform what it promised, I dont care how long the contract is and it says it "cannot be canceled", which is definitely untrue.
for those who feel trapped by Sundance Vacations, do not let them try and intimidate you into accepting anything less than you desire. I should have done research on them before I signed a contract, but now I know better. I cant believe they are still in business. Stay away from Sundance Vacations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2012 07:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SUNDANCE-VACATIONS/WILKES-BARRE-Pennsylvania-18702/SUNDANCE-VACATIONS-DeceptiveNon-caringRudeUnable-to-fufill-contract-request-WILKE-936983. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SUNDANCE VACATIONS