abroad

• Submitted: Tue, November 27, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, November 27, 2007

• Reported By:Irwin Pennsylvania
SUNOCO SVC STATION MIAMI FL
www.sunoco.com Miami, Florida U.S.A.

SUNOCO SVC STATION MIAMI FL AMOCO OIL 01883230 MIAMI FL BP Orange Bowl Sunoco Amoco Fraudulent charges to check card Miami Florida

On Saturday, Nov. 24th I noticed 2 pending charges against our bank account entitled "BP ORANGE BOWL". One charge for $40.00 and one for $50.01. I asked husband, he knew nothing about it. We went to our bank and froze the account immediately and cancelled both of our check cards since the bank was not able at that point to see more information.

Today (the 27th) I was finally able to see through the online banking exactly what the charges were/where they came from. The charges were made using my husband's Visa Check card - which never left his possession... so, it wasn't lost or stolen. Which means, the card was obviously not swiped at any gas station.

Plus, there were 2 more I was unaware of. The 2 noted above ended up posting from "AMOCO OIL 01883230 MIAMI FL" even though they initially authorized as "BP ORANGE BOWL" and there was one more in the amount of $36.54 from "SUNOCO SVC STATION MIAMI FL" plus a very strange credit from this same "SUNOCO SVC STATION MIAMI FL" in the amount of $5.48.

Note: BP owns AMOCO.

Thankfully, we had more than enough funds to cover these fraudulent charges. However, I believe someone needs to investigate this because I see another person had the same issue with a "SUNOCO MIAMI, FL" just 3 weeks ago. I don't think it's a coincidence.

I am going to be getting more information from our bank later this week, hopefully in terms of exactly from where and when the charges polled. It's probably very possible that the Sunoco and Amoco stations in Miami are innocent, but until proven otherwise, it needs to be brought to the attention of the authorities and investigated.

Snowy
Irwin, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2007 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SUNOCO-SVC-STATION-MIAMI-FL/Miami-Florida/SUNOCO-SVC-STATION-MIAMI-FL-AMOCO-OIL-01883230-MIAMI-FL-BP-Orange-Bowl-Sunoco-Amoco-Fraud-287196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SUNOCO SVC STATION MIAMI FL