Complaint Review: SUNPASS AND MDX

• Submitted: Tue, April 01, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 01, 2008

• Reported By:Homestead Florida
SUNPASS.COM Miami, Florida U.S.A.

SUNPASS AND MDX SCAM This company has a very sneaky way of collecting thousands of dollars from unsespecting drivers. Miami Florida

After having Sunpass for 3 years I vow NEVER to use it again. I started having problems with them after I ordered a new title for my vehicle and had the title send to the new owners address, my toll violations were being sent to this address. I had over 40 violations because according to them my Sunpass was not registering when I went through the tolls possibly because my car had "heated windshield" and it was blocking the signal.

After I settle my account with Sunpass 2 months later I happen to look up my driving record and see a pending suspension for MDX violations. Apparently Sunpass did not relay to them I paid my balance back to positive and now my violations from the MDX tolls were in court.

To make a long story short, in court I was pressured by the MDX rep to "settle" with only 10 toll violations to the tune of over $1000. He could not even give me the incident date for me to prove my Sunpass was paid and working.

Amazingly the whole courtroom that day was only for Sunpass violations so this is something that is happening to alot of people and it's absoulutely that they are ripping off people for a .75 cent toll!

Homestead, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2008 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SUNPASS-AND-MDX/Miami-Florida/SUNPASS-AND-MDX-SCAM-This-company-has-a-very-sneaky-way-of-collecting-thousands-of-dollars-322789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SUNPASS AND MDX