Complaint Review: SUNTRUST BANK

SUNTRUST.COM Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

SUNTRUST BANK THEM DAMN OVERDRAFT FEES AND YOU HAVE A CURRENT BALANCE NASHVILLE Internet

*Author of original report: RESPONSE TO THE BECAUSE

*Consumer Comment: Because ...

*Author of original report: REPONSE TO NOIR

*Author of original report: RESPONSE TO NOIR

*Consumer Suggestion: You Left Out Something

I had an available balance of 364.28
Fri I spent $15.28 ( 4 transactions)
Sat I spent $107.91 (2 transactions)
Sun I spent $8.73 (1 transaction)
ok thats a total of $131.92
now subtract that from my ava balance (at the top)
it gives you $232.36 ok
Mon I withdrawl $160.00
also spent 33.75 in gas but only charged a $1.00
thats leaves me with $38.61
also Mon. i deposited $140.00 back into the bank nothing was pending not even the gas yet so that leaves me with 178.61 because of my childcare check for $145.00. The gas didnt post til Tuesday and also the check.

do you know when i checked my online banking tuesday the morning everything was overdrafted and everything said monday which was ok but the gas and teh childcare check should of been tuesday. Cause i checked my balance before i put the money in their that nite and it said $71 and some change cause the gas wasnt out. so the other 2 tractions shouldnt of post til tuesday but they batched my account all to 10/27 and charged me $315.00 on overdraft charges it left me -431 and when my check posted later in tuesday 140 from that left me -231

so im closing my account cause they said it was nothing they can do and it wasnt a banking error. but the bank told me what i had in my account and also one of the merchant.

Xialin's mom
ANTIOCH, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2008 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SUNTRUST-BANK/internet/SUNTRUST-BANK-THEM-DAMN-OVERDRAFT-FEES-AND-YOU-HAVE-A-CURRENT-BALANCE-NASHVILLE-Internet-386629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SUNTRUST BANK

RESPONSE TO THE BECAUSE

AUTHOR: Xialin's Mom - (U.S.A.)

OK SO ARE YOU SAYIN THAT I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN 8 OVERDRAFTS FEES?
I HAD 231 WHEN I TOOK OUT THE 160 THATS THE ONLY REASON WHY I TOOK IT OUT CAUSE IT WAS AN EMERGENCY AND LATER THAT NITE I PUT IT BACK 140 BUT DIDNT POST TIL THE NEXT DAY SO I DONT THINK I SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED THAT MANY OVERDRAFT FEES

Because ...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

the bank didn't know you wrote the check. Checks do not create a hold. Therefore the money for the check was still 'available' by the bank's record. You spent the money on other things and caused the ODs yourself. This is why you need to keep a register with all debits subtracted when you authorize them (write the check) and post the credits when they are available. If you do this and keep your register balance positive, you will not get charged an OD fee.

REPONSE TO NOIR

AUTHOR: Xialin's mom - (U.S.A.)

I wrote the check on the 22nd cause thats when it was due.
Really what i was saying i shouldn't been charged 8 overdrafts I tried to pull the 160 out and put 140 back before the check was posted yes i am guility of that and if you go by the teller i did do that before it was posted but then they tried to post it like it can=me out on the 27 th when it didnt cause i called and talked to them only thing i was waitin on was the gas and childcare check teller told me their was 71 in my account and that would cover the gas and even if the 145 check came in before the gas oh well i would pay the 2 fees. because i know what i was tryin to do you know i have done it before pull out the money before it was posted and put it back in time and didnt get charge they. it just funny how this time when Its just harder to prove cause i have this many transactions. I dont understand if I overdraft 8 times why didnt my card say decline of insuffient funds for all they know my card could have been stolen. My mom has an account with bank of america and we where travelin we used her card about 5 times and bank of america shut it down because they thought someone stole her card because it was used 5 times in 5 different cities all in the same day within a couple of hours. so once she called them and let them know what was going on they we were good. So why didnt my card decline on 8 transcations?

RESPONSE TO NOIR

AUTHOR: Xialin's mom - (U.S.A.)

I WROTE THE CHECK ON THE 22ND BECAUSE PAYMENT IS DUE BY WED. BUT I CHECK WAS NOT PENDING AT ALL AND I WAS TOLD BY THE TELLER THAT THEY WERE NOT AWARE OF ANY CHECK FOR 145 SO WHEN I TOOK OUT THAT 160 I WAS TOLD I HAD A BALANCE OF 71 SO I WAS KOOL IF I DID GET A OVERDRAFT FEE IT WOULD JUST BE ONE CAUSE THAT 71 WOULD COVER MY GAS FOR 33.75. WHEN I PUT THE MONEY IN THEIR THAT NIGHT MY BALANCE WAS STILL 71 THE 140 THAT I PUT IN THEIR SHOULDN'T OF POST TIL THE 28TH LIKE IT DID AND THE GAS AND THE CHECK SHOULDN'T OF POSTED TIL THE 28TH ALSO CAUSE LIKE THE LADY SAID ANY TRACTIONS AFTER WHEN THEY CLOSE POST THE FOLLOWING DAY. BASICALLY THE ONLY REASON WHY IM MAD IS BECAUSE I DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH TO COVER THE CHECK SO I SHOULD HAVE ONE OVERDRAFT FEE. THEIR TELLIN ME IT NOT A BANKIN ERROR BUT HOW ITS NOT WHEN THE BANK TOLD ME WHAT I HAD IN THE BANK AND IF THE BANK WOULD NOT OF TOLD ME I HAD 231 IN THERE THEN I WOULD HAVE NOT OF PULLED OUT 160. AND THE WAY I WRITE DOWN MY TRACTIONS ME AND THE BANK WERE ON THE SAME PAGE.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

You Left Out Something

AUTHOR: Noir - (U.S.A.)

You left out when you wrote the child care check, so your running balance is moot.

When did you write the $145 check?

"Floats" only work if you don't get caught, and it sounds like you got caught.

It is harder and harder these days to "float" a payment. It sounds like that is the root of your problem.