Complaint Review: SUNTRUST MORTGAGE INC

SUNTRUST MORTGAGE INC
901 Semmes Avenue, Richmond, VA 23224 Internet United States of America

SUNTRUST MORTGAGE INC Mortgage Companies, Flood Insurance Internet

*Consumer Comment: Where to report this effectively

Fraud, embezzlement, & theft by SunTrust Mortgage with regards to a Flood Insurance Policy insured through QBE Insurance:

Since October of 2010, I have been receiving letters from Sun Trust that my property was not insured to include the flood insurance required as of the Flood Disaster Protection Act. I have contacted my insurance company and they assured me the policy covered the requirements and I asked for a copy of this policy to send to Sun Trust. I called and the told me to fax this to them and so I did. Two weeks later I received another letter stating the exact same thing, so this time I had my insurance company send them the required policy.

On November 30, Ireceived a letter stating that Sun Trust purchased a policy through QBE Insurancefor $2,250.00 I immediately called Sun Trust Insurance division and spoke to Odette who assured me they did receive a copy of my insurance policy and thatthis QBE Insurance would be cancelled.

On December 17, 2010, I received in the mail a Policy for Flood Insurance purchased through QBE Insurance in the amount of $2,250.00.

On Dec 18, 2010, Sun Trust had taken out of my escrow$2,250.00 for this policy.

On Dec 20,2010, I have spoken to Sun Trust and they said it was a mistake and the money was going to be credited back to my escrow and I would receive a letter in a few days. I requested a copy to be faxed tome and they said they could not do this. I told Sun Trust this wasbasically fraud and or embezzlement, and I never authorized this insurance company to withdraw from my escrow account. Iexplained to the representative that I have documented every phone call and every fax that was sent proving my insurance policy was in place.

I am outraged with this!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2010 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SUNTRUST-MORTGAGE-INC/internet/SUNTRUST-MORTGAGE-INC-Mortgage-Companies-Flood-Insurance-Internet-673492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SUNTRUST MORTGAGE INC

Where to report this effectively

AUTHOR: R. Wilson - (United States of America)

Suntrust is regulated by the Federal Reserve. To report this to the proper authorities file your report at: http://www.federalreserveconsumerhelp.gov/?District=13

Sincerely, Also a victim,