Complaint Review: SUPER 8 MOTEL

Nationwide United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

SUPER 8 MOTEL Their website claims something that cannot be done all, Nationwide

I looked for one room through their website (www.super8.com) clearly stating we are 4 adults and one child (<2 years). The website showed the room and we booked it.

When we reached the hotel (at almost midnight), we found the room has 2 double beds which is barely enough for only 4 adults. There was no way a child could have been accommodated there.

I rushed to the front desk and they said they have seen many such cases who had booked through their website had similar issues. I had to book another room and had to wake up my fast asleep daughter, carry her (she started crying) and put into the new room.

Later when I contacted the Super 8 customer service, they shed off all responsibility saying I should have "contacted" them before going to the hotel, there was a disclaimer etc. But my only question was (which they could not answer) Why your website allows a booking of 4 adults and one child in a room which can barely fit 4 adults only? Does your responsibility finish with just putting a disclaimer saying "it may/may not fit" all the persons that are booked for that room?

I never had such a bad experience with other reputed or even non reputed hotel brands. I always book through websites and if they say the room can accommodate all, the room really accommodates all.

They simply put the entire onus upon me saying I should have known this as I should have a secret sense or something similar. They really did not bother about the harassment my entire family faced in the middle of the night. This was the first and last time I stayed in super 8 never again. So do you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2009 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SUPER-8-MOTEL/nationwide/SUPER-8-MOTEL-Their-website-claims-something-that-cannot-be-done-all-Nationwide-499747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SUPER 8 MOTEL