Complaint Review: SUPERIOR BANK FSB

• Submitted: Fri, March 01, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, March 01, 2002

• Reported By:fort smith ar
SUPERIOR BANK FSB
ONE RAMLAND ROAD ORANGEBURG, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 1-888-323-6111
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

SUPERIOR BANK NEW YORK, HOME MORTGAGE RIPOFF

I RECEIVED A CALL FROM A LOAN OFFICER, MICHELLE BEPKIE, OFFERING A GREAT DEAL TO RE-FINANCE MY HOME. SOUNDED GOOD SO I ENTERED AN AGREEMENT WITH SUPERIOR. WE COVERED ALL AREAS INCLUDING REAL ESTATE TAXES AND HOME OWNERS INSURANCE. WHEN THE DEAL WAS DONE, I DID NOT HAVE AN ESCROW ACCOUNT. I HAVE TO MAKE THESE PAYMENT MYSELF NOW AND ALSO THEY SET IT UP SO THAT I WOULD HAVE TO MAKE 13 MORTGAGE PAYMENTS A YEAR INSTEAD OF 12. THIS ACTUALLY MADE IT HARDER ON ME THAN THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE I ENTERED INTO THIS AGREEMENT. THEY DID NOT DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION IN THE VERBAL AGREEMENT AND I DID NOT FIND OUT ABOUT IT UNTILL AFTER I HAD SIGNED FOR THE CLOSING. I HAD TO GO ALONG WITH IT AT THIS POINT OR PAY A HUGE PENALITY FOR NOT SIGNING. I CALLED SEVERAL TIMES AFTER THAT TO SEE ABOUT SETTING UP AN ESCROW ACCOUNT BUT ALL I GOT WAS VOICE MAIL AND NO ONE EVER CALLED ME BACK. THIS WAS OVER FOUR YEARS AGO. THEY WERE NOT HONEST IN TELLING ME HOW THE LOAN WAS GOING TO BE SET UP AND I FEEL THAT I WAS RIPPED OFF.

Karen
Fort Smith, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SUPERIOR-BANK-FSB/ORANGEBURG-New-York-10962/SUPERIOR-BANK-NEW-YORK-HOME-MORTGAGE-RIPOFF-15531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SUPERIOR BANK FSB