unexpected

• Reported By: QUIGBY — FORT LAUDERDALE Florida United States of America
SUR LA MER
18 Eames Road, P.O. Box 6, Boothb Internet United States of America

SUR LA MER EUGENE DAMON FORFEIT DEPOSIT ON POOR RENTAL PROPERTY Internet

I gave a $2,400 deposit on a cottage which was said to be in very good to excellent condition. Upon a preview visit, 60 days before my intended rental date, I found the cottage not as described. There was no written contract and deposit forfeits were not discussed as I was not anticipating any problems.

Later on, after my visit, , others who had stayed there described it as, ''unclean, cat urine odors, poor water pressure, noisy, over grown, with uncooperative management and the worst place... stayed."  I saw evidence of this upon my preview visit.

The management refused to return my deposit unless they were able to re-rent it. There is discrepancy as to the dates it was re-rented or it was taken off the market due to poor reviews.  The occupancy calender for the cottage showed it unavailable.

I was offered $330. out of the $2,400 under the condition that this amount was a payment in full against the rest of the deposit. I did not accept this as I will try to pursue a full refund.

I was also sent a letter stating an intended law suit by the owner if I discuss Sur la Mer's business operations in any public forum.

Sur la Mer is ranked 16th out of 17 of  like establishments in Boothbay Harbor based upon guest's reviews and ratings.

They suffered no loss due to the cancellation and misrepresented the cottage.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2012 01:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SUR-LA-MER/internet/SUR-LA-MER-EUGENE-DAMON-FORFEIT-DEPOSIT-ON-POOR-RENTAL-PROPERTY-Internet-861268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SUR LA MER