determining

• Updated: Wed, April 03, 2013

• Reported By: Gail — Tujunga California
SURGERY CENTER MANAGEMENT LLC, DR. MADAN
269 Beverly Dr. Ste 353 Beverly Hills, California United States of America

SURGERY CENTER MANAGEMENT LLC, DR. MADAN DR. AKU MADAN BAIT AND SWITCH, LIED ABOUT FREE CONSULTATION, THEN BILLED ME 2 1/2 YEARS LATER FOR SERVICE NEVER RECEIVED Beverly Hills, California

In October of 2010 I responded to an offer for a free lap band information meeting in Valencia, CA. The doctor Dr. Madan, and his lap band coordinator talked to a group more like a cattle call of over weight people seeking to qualify for a lab band.

They said everything was free for the inital meeting.  We were told to fill out a questionare, then each person went back to wait to see the doctor's answer based on our questionaire. I was immediately told that I had too low of a BMI and did not qualify for the lap band. I cried. He left the room and the lap band coordinator told me that I could "eat up" and return and probably qualify if my BMI had gone up.

I was quickly shuttled out of the room for the rest of the cattle call people.

I never had the procedure.

Now I have receive in April of 2013 a letter stating that I owe this medical group $ 142. [continued below]....
.....46 for meeting with the doctor. The staff told me the consultation was free, and now they want me to pay for being disqualifed?

I do not want these people, a Debra in billing or Quinn her assistant to ruin my credit. They ought to do the honorable thing and zero out the balence that they think I owe.

Lap band surgerns are millionaires, and the procedure costs a ton.

Why would they go after one little person who never had the procedure, never met with their nutrition people, and was told my consultation would be free?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 05:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SURGERY-CENTER-MANAGEMENT-LLC-DR-MADAN/Beverly-Hills-California-90212/SURGERY-CENTER-MANAGEMENT-LLC-DR-MADAN-DR-AKU-MADAN-BAIT-AND-SWITCH-LIED-ABOUT-FREE-CO-1040452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SURGERY CENTER MANAGEMENT LLC, DR. MADAN