Complaint Review: SURVEY SPOT.COM

• Updated: Thu, July 23, 2009

• Reported By:Oxnard California
SURVEY SPOT.COM
www.surveryspot.com Internet U.S.A.

Survey Spot rip-off! They promise to pay you for taking their surveys, but they don't pay. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Survey Spot is a top legitimate company

*Consumer Comment: THEY NEVER PAID ME EITHER AND NOW THEY CAN BE FOUND ON QUESTIONABLE AFFILIATE ADVERTISING SITES

*Consumer Comment: Survey Spot is legit

*Consumer Comment: Be careful because some of their surveys ask for income and other information WHY?

*Consumer Comment: Survey spot is a ripoff

*Consumer Comment: Survey Spot is NOT a ripoff!!!

*Consumer Comment: survey spot

*Consumer Comment: I found this website through a similar experience

*Consumer Comment: Report them for what? Your bad luck?

*Consumer Comment: I NEVER got paid for ANY surveys

*Consumer Comment: I'm a panelist, and you're wrong.

This company will lure you in by promising to pay you to take their surveys and then won't send payment and ignore your e-mails to them. BEWARE of this company! do NO fill out any surveys for them.

L
Oxnard, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2004 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SURVEY-SPOTCOM/internet/Survey-Spot-rip-off-They-promise-to-pay-you-for-taking-their-surveys-but-they-dont-pay-97287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SURVEY SPOT.COM

Survey Spot is a top legitimate company

AUTHOR: Mr. Survey - (U.S.A.)

Survey Spot is one of many legitimate online survey companies.

They have always paid me, sure it may take a few weeks. If you cannot wait a few weeks for your check then don't join.

A legitimate survey company NEVER shares/sells your personal information such as your email address. They don't need to, they get paid very well from the companies they send out surveys for. You will NEVER get spam from filling out a survey for a legitimate survey company !

Of course a survey may include questions about your income. The companies that pay them need information like this. They need to know about the people that buy, use their services. If you are not comfortable giving information about your income, job, race, age, location, etc,. then surveys are not for you. I should add, a LEGITIMATE survey company will NOT ask for credit card information !

We have many years experience with legitimate survey companies. If you need more information about taking surveys. Want to know what makes a company legitimate, or want to see a free list of legitimate survey companies, then visit our site at http://making-money-on-surveys.com

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

YOU KNOW THOSE AFFILIATE SCAM SITES THAT PROMISE YOU A PRIZE IF YOU SIGN UP FOR QUESTIONABLE OFFERS WHERE IT IS SO CONVENIENT TO PAY ONCE WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND THEN YOU FIND OUT THAT THEY INTEND TO KEEP TAKING OUT MONEY FROM YOUR ACCOUNT FOREVER...

A LOT OF THOSE KIND OF ADVERTISERS HAVE ENDED UP BEING RIP OFF REPORT CLASSICS.

WELL, I ALSO SIGNED UP FOR SURVEY SPOT BECAUSE I WILL ADMIT, I WAS SUCKERED BY THAT CUTE DAMNED DOG THEY HAVE FOR A LOGO....

THEY PROMISED AND PROMISED AND ENTERED YOU IN DRAWINGS FOR VARIOUS THINGS

BUT HOW COULD YOU PROVE THAT THERE WAS EVER A DRAWING AND THAT THERE WAS ANY INTENT TO GIVE YOU A PRIZE.

IN EXCHANGE THEY GOT VALUABLE DEMOGRAPHIC AND MARKETING SURVEY INFORMATION THAT THEY PEDDLED FOR A PRETTY GOOD PRICE.

AND YOU PARTICIPATED FOR FREE.

WELL, A LOT OF SCUMBAGS HIDE BEHIND CUTE LOGOS -- YUPPIES PRIMARILY.

I WAS WITH THEM FOR THREE YEARS AND NEVER WON ANYTHING!

NOT EVEN A PEN WITH THEIR LOGO ON IT.

I THINK THEY ARE LIARS AND MISREPRESENTERS AND IF I WERE A COMPANY WHO WANTED TO RUN MARKETING SURVEYS, I WOULD NOT HIRE THESE PEOPLE AT ALL.

THEY ARE NOT HONEST, TRUSTWORTHY AND THEIR RESULTS WILL BE SKEWED WITH STUPID PEOPLE WHO LIKE SPOTTED DOGS AND CAN NOT FIGURE OUT THAT THEY ARE BEING LIED TO.

Survey Spot is legit

AUTHOR: Melissa1987 - (U.S.A.)

I have made more than 100 dollars at survey spot. It's not a lot but it's something. You have to have at lease 5 dollars in you account to request a check. Not every survey has a reward of money. The most I've made per survey was 10 dollars. Honestly you must be doing something wrong or you must be expecting something more.

AUTHOR: Jon - (U.S.A.)

Be careful some of their surveys are asking for income information and other stuff ,why? Now all of a sudden I am getting these LOTTO numbers emails and other spam stuff after doing surveys for surveyspot.com , I thought this company didn't give out information but whoever they're letting us do surveys with is giving somebody information on survey takers.

Survey spot is a ripoff

AUTHOR: Jon - (U.S.A.)

I've been doing it for a year and have not once on any type of survey received any money everytime at the last question it says your not accepted to get paid and entered numerous sweepstakes , but received these emails for a gift card that you have to join something before you can get it. Yea being with a survey company for years and only get paid $21.00? $15.00? thats not a ripoff come on

Survey Spot is NOT a ripoff!!!

AUTHOR: Lilanab2 - (U.S.A.)

I have been a member of Survey Spot for a couple of years now, and they always pay me! All of their surveys are not paid, some of them are for sweepstakes entries. But, for the paid surveys that I complete, I always get paid for. In fact, I actually received a $10 check in the mail this week from them! I love Survey Spot!

AUTHOR: B - (U.S.A.)

I have been taking surveys for several months now. And, I have received 3-4 checks from them for the surveys I have taken and have been entered in a contest for big money. You do need to check your account with them and request the check but they send it out immediately.

AUTHOR: Janet - (U.S.A.)

I joined Survey Spot and have had no problems getting my checks. So far I have received 2 different checks one for $21.00 and one for $18.00 and still have money to request. The first check I didn't get in the (within 6 weeks) I emailed them and and received my check within 7 days. So if you qualify for the money surveys you just need to give them 6 weeks and then email them and check back at the site for your reply.

survey spot

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I HAVE BEEN DOING SURVEYS FOR SURVEY SPOT FOR 4 MOS. NOW. ONLY GOT PAIDED $6-$7 ONE TIME. I STILL TAKE THEIR SURVEYS SO ILL BE ENTERED INTO THEIR CONTESTS. I DONT DO IT BECAUSE I ENJOY IT. I DO IT OUT OF DESPERATION,BECAUSE I HAVE DISABLED/JOBLESS FOR 3 YRS.NOW.DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THOSE COMPANIES THAT CHARGE FOR THEIR LISTS IS PRODUCTIVE OR SCAMS? IM AFRAID TO SPEND ANY MONEY BECAUSE THAT MONEY MIGHT HAVE TO PAY FOR MY NEXT MEAL! PLEASE ADVISE. NOW! CAPITAL LETTERS IS HOW I TYPE, TO HARD AND SLOW TO HIT SHIFT KEY SO MANY TIMES- I USE ONE INDEX FINGER TO TYPE WITH AND I HAVENT FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET SPACE IN BETWEEN PARAGRAPHS! SORRY WISH I COULD TYPE 40 WORDS A MINUTE,MAYBE I COULD GET A JOB ONLINE DATA PROCESSING,OR ALL THOSE THINGS SCAMS TOO! SO MANY SCAMS,WHATS A NOVICE SUPPOSE TO DO?

I found this website through a similar experience

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted to back-up the original poster. I volunteered to start taking Surveyspot surveys because I enjoy taking them and because of the chance to win some money. I have qualified for a few that offered money. When my account totaled $15, I requested a check. The website gave me a confirmation number and said a check was issued on 8/12. It said not to inquire unless it's been more than 30 days. Now I've sent 3 e-mails, all unanswered, when I explained I never have received a check. In the mean time I built up $10 more in my account and requested another check to see if the first one really got lost in the mail. It is still in "pending" status.

I am frustrated I cannot get in contact with anyone by phone and that my e-mails are left unanswered. I have found more positive comments online about this company than negative, so I'm confused what's going on. I don't even get an automated response. I have since stopped completing surveys and plan to contact the Better Business Bureau when it's been 60 days. I'll file my own "rip-off report" when it's been 60 days as well if my inquiries are still ignored.

Report them for what? Your bad luck?

AUTHOR: Lara - (U.S.A.)

This was in my email today:

>Today we'd like to ask you to participate in a brief survey designed for females who are 16-49 years old. The survey is expected to take about 10 to 15 minutes of your time.

For completing this survey, you will be entered into the monthly SurveySpot drawing where cash prizes are awarded totaling $10,000!

Please click here to proceed to the survey:

Thanks!!<

Note the "You will be entered into the monthly .. drawing" part. Also, if you look at the FAQ on their website, you'll find this:

>Q: Will I get paid for this?

A: Some surveys offer payment; sometimes a sweepstakes or other prize is offered. Check your e-mail survey invitation for reward details.<

The email invitation tells you everything you need to know. This is also in the FAQ:

>Q: Do I have to pay anything to join?

A: No, membership is free. We will never ask you for money, or try to sell you anything. We are only interested in your opinions.<

You didn't pay anything, therefore you haven't lost anything.

Last thing. On their main page is a "Rewards/Prizes" link(http://www.surveyspot.com/rewards.htm). At the top is another link, Prize Rules (http://www.surveyspot.com/prizerules.htm). There it says:

>Prize: 114 prizes will be awarded, totaling $10,000: Four prizes of $500 each; 50 prizes of $100 each; 60 prizes of $50 each. Prize is non transferable/nonsaleable. All federal, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.

Selection of Winners: Winners will be selected at random.<

So that's 114 winners out of thousands of entries. The first link is where you see who's won. I've been on that list a couple times.

In short: People win. You haven't. Get over it.

I NEVER got paid for ANY surveys

AUTHOR: L - (U.S.A.)

No YOU are WRONG! I have taken SEVERAL of their surveys and I NEVER got paid for ANY surveys which is why I reported them to the Better Business Bureau.

I'm a panelist, and you're wrong.

AUTHOR: Lara - (U.S.A.)

I've been a member of Surveyspot, and other online survey panels, for quite a while now. In the many months that I've done surveys for them, I've been paid once. Ten dollars for a survey that took me about 15 minutes. However, I usually don't qualify for their surveys because of my job, so I've not qualified to be entered for prizes that many times. Regardless, completing a survey enters you into a drawing. You're not guaranteed money for taking their surveys. The more you complete, the better your chances.

I've completed probably thirty surveys in the past 12 months for various panels and won four $10 drawings. Don't sign up if you don't like taking surveys. It's not a good way to make a living.

Read the Terms of Agreement when you register for these panels. The ones that pay you for every survey you take charge a membership fee. The free panels only offer prize drawings.

In the future, "L", get your facts strait before you publicly bash a company that's not done anything wrong. Getting pissy because you didn't get something for nothing is lame.