Complaint Review: SW Engines

• Reported By: Tony — Tucson Arizona
SW Engines
Internet USA

SW Engines Wrong motor twice CUDAHY, WI

I ordered a motor back in April for a 97 chevy cavalier 2.2.  they sent me a 2.2 from a 96 or older cause it had the wrong crank position sensor in it.  The 96 and older comes with a sensor that requires a plug with 3 connectors.  97 and newer has only 2 connecters.  I told them that was the problem and I couldn't use that motor without having to buy an all new wiring harness and new computer for my car.  They said their computers were backwards and would send me another engine.

They turned around and sent me the same but different motor.  Same problem as the last motor.  I refused the engine and sent it back.  Now they sent me an email showing what their computers tell them about the sensor.  Whoever got that information is a complete idiot.  It states that the sensors are the same and will work.  That is a total lie.  If you compare the 2 different sensors,  they are totally different.  They will not interchange.

Who hires these people that only go by what a computer tells them.  I don't think anybody at that company has a clue about engines.  Now they charged me another $58 along with the $745 for the motor and will not send me a motor.  So I am out of $800 and 3 months without a car.

This company is not worth a F grade.  They are way below that level.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2013 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SW-Engines/internet/SW-Engines-Wrong-motor-twice-CUDAHY-WI-1060116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SW Engines