Complaint Review: SWANN GALLERIES

• Submitted: Wed, December 18, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, December 18, 2002

• Reported By:ROCKLIN CA
SWANN GALLERIES
swanngalleries@aol.com NEW YORK, New York U.S.A.

SWANN GALLERIES ripoff NEW YORK New York

In April of 2002 I sent 35 color photo copies (of over 350) post cards, front and back to Swann Galleries. Gary Garland, Swann Galleries called me and asked me to send the post cards as soon a possible so that they could be cataloged and placed in their December 2002 auction.

In May of 2002, Brian Courtier of Swann Galleries sent eighteen of those over 350 post cards back to me stating that they did not meet the auction criteria. I called Mr. Courtier and asked him about the other (over) 350 cards still in their possession and he claimed he didn't know what I was talking about. After many phone calls to New York from California I finally reached Mr. Courtier again and he stated that he found the box I shipped the post cards in in Gary Garlands office. He also stated that the mail room had logged the box of cards in so they know they received them.

Seven months later, George Lowry, President of Swann stated that he would give me 2 cents to one dollar per card. That amount is garage sale/flea market price.

It is my belief that someone, perhaps Mr. Lowry, at Swann Galleries saw the value on the cards and sold them to a private collector. Swann Galleries stole my consignment. Swann Galleries are theives!

DO NOT consign anything to Swann Galleries. They will steal your merchandize and then rip you off again on the value.

Judy
Rocklin, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2002 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SWANN-GALLERIES/NEW-YORK-New-York/SWANN-GALLERIES-ripoff-NEW-YORK-New-York-38594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SWANN GALLERIES