Complaint Review: SWEEPSTAKES ADVISOR

• Submitted: Fri, November 23, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, November 23, 2007

• Reported By:Livingston Tennessee
SWEEPSTAKES ADVISOR
PO BOX 549012 DALLAS, Texas U.S.A.

SWEEPSTAKES ADVISOR THEY RIPPED ME AND MY FAMILY OFF! DALLAS Texas

My husband got a letter in the mail from Sweepstakes Advisor saying that he could be the winner of a 12 million dollar prize. As I read the "rules" it declared that you could not win less than 5 million. As well as, other multiple prizes, such as $100; $1000; or $10,000. And it included SATISFACTION GUARANTEED.

We are a family of four with one more due around Christmas. I have not been able to work during this pregnancy at all do to the extreme "morning sickness".
My husband is self-employed and does not bring home alot of money. We literally live from paycheck to paycheck.

So when this letter came in the mail my husband thought that it could possibly be a gift from God.

The letter stated that they needed a ONE TIME payment of $5 for processing. At that time, I became suspicious, but my husband really wanted to believe that our prayers had been answered. I told him that I would send it in, but it would be a money order, not a personal check. We agreed and sent them the money.

Then, three weeks later, we recieved another letter in the mail wanted to confirm my husband's name. That was okay, but as you kept on reading, they wanted another $5 for processing. I laid the letter to the side because I didn't trust them to send them another processing fee.

The next day another letter came from the same company wanting my husband to send them $19 for a Free Sweepstakes Winner Report Award. (My first question was if it was free, why did I have to send money?) You could decline the "subscription" but then you release claim to something that they don't really reveal on the reverse side. I put this letter with the other one.

A couple days later, I actually recieved the Free Sweepstakes Winner Report Award in the mail. It was a "catalog" of sweepstakes that you could register on. Most of them were okay. But I was still cautious.

Then it hit me to check the internet! We've had our computer for less than a year so I am still not use to it yet.

But it is a life saver in this case.

I checked out this company's name and found this site!

Don't be fooled by this company. All of their paperwork looks GREAT. But all they seemed to want was ONE TIME PROCESSING FEES for EVERY time they had you send something back in.

I am going to check out everything that asks for money from now on.

Amanda
Livingston, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2007 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SWEEPSTAKES-ADVISOR/DALLAS-Texas-75354-9012/SWEEPSTAKES-ADVISOR-THEY-RIPPED-ME-AND-MY-FAMILY-OFF-DALLAS-Texas-286287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SWEEPSTAKES ADVISOR