Complaint Review: SWIFT TRANSPORTATION

• Reported By:Cleveland Ohio
SWIFT TRANSPORTATION
Millington, Tennessee U.S.A.

SWIFT TRANSPORTATION Swift transportation invalid CDL MILLINGTON Tennessee

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: response to person calling names "wannabe"

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: UNHAPPY WANTABE TRUCK DRIVERS

*Author of original report: SWIFT TRANSPORTATION Swift transportation invalid CDL, Millington Tennessee

Cheng
Cleveland, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2009 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SWIFT-TRANSPORTATION/Millington-Tennessee/SWIFT-TRANSPORTATION-Swift-transportation-invalid-CDL-MILLINGTON-Tennessee-416467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SWIFT TRANSPORTATION

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

response to person calling names "wannabe"

AUTHOR: Saetern216 - (U.S.A.)

in response i never turned down a load. i was supporting my family and had no choice but to do what i could for them. calling me a wannabe is ridiculous and insulting.
have u ever thought that maybe you were a lucky one. I spent a lot of time waiting on loads and dealing with them not responding when i contacted them about a route. But maybe your branch was more organized for whatever reason dont insult for which you dont know.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

UNHAPPY WANTABE TRUCK DRIVERS

AUTHOR: Shadrack Jones - (U.S.A.)

I WORKED FOR SWIFT FOR 18 YEARS BOTH AS A DRIVER AND DISPATCH/PLANNER /NIGHT TIME D/M, I DIDN'T ATTEND THE SCHOOL I HAVE HAD A CLASS A OR NOW CALLED CDL FROM 1962 .I NEVER HAD A PAY PROBLEM OR GETTING HOME PROBLEM IN THE 4 YEARS I DROVE FOR SWIFT AND WHEN I WAS PUT IN THE OFFICE BECAUSE OF BACK INJURY I HAD TO LEARD HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THE DRIVERS ,AND THAT I DID VERY WELL! AT ONE TIME SWIFT HAD MORE FREIGHT THEN THEY COULD HANDLE, AND IT WAS EASY TO GET LOADS FOR THE DRIVERS THAT WANTED TO WORK BUT THERE WERE SO MANY THAT TURNED DOWN LOADS FOR SOME OFF THE WALL REASONS I HEARD SO MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT NOT MAKING ANY MONEY AND YET THEY WOULD COME TO THE WINDOW AND TURN DOWN LOADS AS A DRIVER I NEVER TURNED DOWN A LOAD AND AS A PLANNER , IF A DRIVER NEEDED TO GET HOME FOR AN EMERGENCY I DID MY LEVEL BEST TO GET HIM THERE .I RETIRED LAST YEAR BECAUSE WITH NO FREIGHT I COULD NO LONGER SET THERE AND TELL DRIVERS I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING FOR THEM .

SWIFT TRANSPORTATION Swift transportation invalid CDL, Millington Tennessee

AUTHOR: Saetern216 - (U.S.A.)

I went to Swift looking for an opportunity to make a better living for my family, after training I was jerked around about when I would start my on road training with a mentor. Finally I completed everything. However, after just a few weeks driving it was apparent I just couldn't handle working for this company, though all I kept thinking about was the 3,900.00 that I owed them for the school. I finally quit due to personal reasons. I have been struggling to pay the loan back. However, I recently recieved a letter stating the school hadn't been in compliance. Now I'm out 3,900.00 and my CDL unless I retest. I don't have time or money to do it over again. I really am seeking help. Paying for a school who has not held up their end of the deal is unrealistic to me. I've been doing my research and there are more unhappy past students/employees then satisfied. There is a reason and now all these people from 2005-2008 having to retake their test, this just brings it all to another level. Please help me. Since leaving Swift, I have been unable to find steady work due to the decline in the economy. I had steady work and was mislead that if I went to the school I would be able to support my family without worry. Instead by the end I was overworked, and paying out my pocket for many things, while sleeping in a truck that had no heat. Cheng Cleveland, Ohio
U.S.A