Complaint Review: SWREG Digital River

• Submitted: Sun, September 30, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, September 30, 2012

• Reported By: Gwen S. — Providence Rhode Island United States of America
SWREG Digital River
10380 Bren Rd West Minnetonka, MN 55343 Minnetonka, Minnesota United States of America

SWREG Digital River Selling bad key codes Minnetonka, Minnesota

Recently, I purchased a key code through SWReg.  The key code is for a DVD5 program.  When I attempted to register the product using the key code SWReg provided, I received the following notice,

"The product key found on your computer has been detected on multiple computers.  You may be a victim of software counterfeiting.  Please contact your vendor for right product key."

I wrote SWREG about this notice and the problem.  In addition to asking them what is going on, I also asked them to rectify this problem.  I also informed them that if they can't send me a valid product code, then I would like a full refund.

In addition to writing SWREG, I wrote the manufacturer of the product.  I received an email from them stating that I can expect a reply sometime as soon as possible after Oct. 8 since they are on holiday.  I won't be holding my breath waiting.  The same goes for awaiting a reply from SWREG.

Here I sit with a program I can't use because my one of a kind product key just for my computer only has been detected on multiple computers.  As for myself "may be a victim of software counterfeiting" there is no "may be" about it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2012 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SWREG-Digital-River/Minnetonka-Minnesota-55343/SWREG-Digital-River-Selling-bad-key-codes-Minnetonka-Minnesota-948729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SWREG Digital River