Complaint Review: SWREG Digital River

• Submitted: Fri, September 23, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, September 23, 2011

• Reported By: Beaman — Princeton Ontario Canada
SWREG Digital River

SWREG Digital River Anti Virus Scam, Won't accept "no" They manipulate your computer Internet, Internet

This company called on the phone on September 19th 2011, and said my computer was at risk. I am not proud to say that I was manipulated by the urgency in her voice to turn on my computer. Next time my answer will be "Thank you for this information" and hang up. When I said I had an anti virus program she somehow knew that my computer was old and no longer had the internal security. I did not give in to her until her technician began removing my desk top files. I did not have a credit card available which she demanded in order to get my files back. I paid through paypal. She was not happy with that and said she would call back the next day and I had better have my credit card ready or they would cut the lines to my computer. When I got off the phone I turned off the internet and contacted Paypal. I changed my password and froze the account. I have since noticed that another person's name is also on my email saying their order is pending as well. That however did not go through to my Paypal. My funds are now in limbo until they arrive in paypal which is ending up being a week. Also when I corrected them in the amounts they were trying to access they put them through as a new order so now I have 3 orders pending. I ended up having to buy a new computer in order to feel secure.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2011 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SWREG-Digital-River/internet/SWREG-Digital-River-Anti-Virus-Scam-Wont-accept-no-They-manipulate-your-computer-Inte-780384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SWREG Digital River