Complaint Review: SWREG Inc owned by Digital River

• Updated: Wed, December 07, 2011

• Reported By: leslie — kemah Texas United States of America
SWREG Inc owned by Digital River
10380 Bren Road West Eden Prairie, Minnesota United States of America

SWREG Inc owned by Digital River The oldest online software store in the world. SWREG, in existence since 1987 Eden Prairie , Minnesota

I was contacted by phone today from someone claiming to be with IYogi a computer support company that I subscribe to.  The representative said his company had been receiving error messages from my computer and that my computer was badly infected.

He then took over my computer using Show MyPC and showed me the infections.  He then stated I needed to purchase a program called SWREG Secure.  The cost was $37.70 and I charged it on my card.  He said it would take 1 hour and he would fix my computer.

The only thing he did was download a program to defrag my machine.  I know I can do this with windows and don't need an outside program.  We communicated thru notepad and when I confronted him about deleting my conformation of my purchase from my email and asked him his name he disconnected.

So I contacted IYogi directly and they said it was not their company that contacted me.   I have contacted my bank and closed the card and contacted SWREG and asked for a refund.

This company SWREG was deceptive and perpetrated a fraud.  The phone number he called from is 785-226-9814 but when I called it doesn't work.

Leslie  lhugger@comcast.net

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2011 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SWREG-Inc-owned-by-Digital-River/Eden-Prairie-Minnesota-55344/SWREG-Inc-owned-by-Digital-River-The-oldest-online-software-store-in-the-world-SWREG-in-806325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SWREG Inc owned by Digital River