Complaint Review: SXMS SIRIUS XM SATELLITE

• Updated: Mon, July 08, 2013

• Reported By: Kay — Marietta Georgia
SXMS SIRIUS XM SATELLITE
Internet, New York USA

SXMS SIRIUS XM SATELLITE Fraudulent charges on credit card by Sirius after cancellation Internet New New York

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to help.

My husband cancelled Sirius radio service in October 2010 when he got a new car that did not have satellite radio.  Sirius offered him a portable radio to use in the car to continue the service.  He declined telling them to cancel account.  Sirius agrees that my husband called to cancel in October 2010, but their representative marked the account as "suspended" rather than canceled.  They said when an account is "suspended", for reasons beyond my understanding, Sirius reactivates it after five months.  Why would we want it reactivated when we don't have a satellite radio?  Sounds like a scam to me.

I did not realize the $49 charge on our credit card every quarter was fraudulent and paid the bill.  My husband saw the statement today and said he canceled that account two years ago.  I called Joe at Sirius who said he is not allowed to give a refund, but he would "escalate our account to the back office".   I am not sure where the "back office" is as English is difficult for all three represenatives who talked with me.  Joe said someone would call me in 3-5 business days.

I am really shocked that this company would engage in this type of treatment of customers.  Please check your credit card bills carefully if you cancel Sirius to make sure it wasn't just marked "suspended" so it will be reactivated even though you don't have a satellite radio and did not request reactivation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 08:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SXMS-SIRIUS-XM-SATELLITE/Internet-New-York/SXMS-SIRIUS-XM-SATELLITE-Fraudulent-charges-on-credit-card-by-Sirius-after-cancellation-I-1065413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SXMS SIRIUS XM SATELLITE

We would like to help.

AUTHOR: SIRIUS XM Customer Relations - ()

Hi Kay -

We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like the opportunity to change it around. When you have a moment, send us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be happy to help you in any way that we can.

Thanks,