Complaint Review: SYN, INC.

• Submitted: Wed, May 04, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, May 04, 2011

• Reported By: Deanna — Pinellas Park Florida USA
26055 Columbine Trail Kittredge, Colorado United States of America

SYN, INC. magazine scam/rip off Kittredge, Colorado

My family and I had just moved to Florida from Kentucky when a young man came knocking on our door.  He said he was with his church's youth group and they were from another state and they were having a competition between them on who could sell the most magazine or book subscriptions to win a trip and the money  made was being donated to different charities.  Everything had looked legit from the laminated pamphlets to the carbon copy sales receipt with the company name on it and all other information.  I wrote the check out in the amount of $55 because the money was going to a good cause and I was getting something good out of it for my kids. The receipt says it can take anywhere from 120-150 days for delivery because the kids had to go back to their states and send in the orders and money and processing time and stuff like that.  This was in October of 2010.

In early December, I called the number that was listed on the back bottom of the sales receipt to update my mailing address since I had moved and to check on the status of my order. They said the order was still being processed and it had not been the 120-150 days which I was a little frustrated with since I was hoping to get the order in time for Christmas for my
kids.  It is now May 2011, the 120-150 days has passed but now when I call the number on the receipt all I get is the dang operator sound and then it tells me that my call cannot be completed as dialed and to check the number and try again.  So I try pulling up the company on BBB.com and nothing comes up so I tried a search on Google and tons of pages came up about how this company is a scam and they go around from state to state  ripping people off.  Now I have disappointed children that will no longer receive what they were promised and I am out $55.  Never in my life would the terms "scam" or "fraud" come
to mind when someone at my door is claiming to be with a church, now I cannot trust anyone and even turn away the girl scouts.  This company needs to be stopped somehow before they rip off more people and break more kids hearts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2011 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SYN-INC/Kittredge-Colorado-80457/SYN-INC-magazine-scamrip-off-Kittredge-Colorado-725511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SYN, INC.