Complaint Review: Safe Home Security

• Updated: Sat, February 23, 2013

• Reported By: Larry — State Road North Carolina United States
Safe Home Security
55 Sebethe Court Cromwell, Connecticut United States of America

Safe Home Security Installer lied, customer service lied, billing dept lied, worthless contract Cromwell, Connecticut

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: More details requested, please?

Signed up with Safe Home Security at a home & Garden show in Winston-Salem, nc.  Salesman showed the GE Security system that I would receive "free" for signing up for 3 years of monitoring service.  I wanted a system anyway so we got it. Installer verified the contract was for 3 years. Everything fine for 3 years. Then when it came time to renew the price was going up and I didn't want to continue service, thats when it hit the fan. Company continued to charge my account, I called them and they said they would stop. Did it again. I called the bank and stopped it, then the company called my everyday for over a week harassing me. I threatened to call the attorney generals office so they quit.  Have been calling me every 3 months or so to try to get me to sign back up, no way. That was 3 years ago. I just pulled my credit report and guess what suddenly appeared. the Jackasses have put me on there for being 90 days late every month for over 2 years. I disputed the report with the 2 agencies which show it and tried to call the company. got a voicemail box. Left a not so nice message. I would just say to anyone considering a home security system to thoroughly check out the company they want to use. And most definitely do NOT consider Safe Home Security, they are lying crooks. Been over a 3 year pain in the a** so far.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safe-Home-Security/Cromwell-Connecticut-06416/Safe-Home-Security-Installer-lied-customer-service-lied-billing-dept-lied-worthless-co-1006852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safe Home Security

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

More details requested, please?

AUTHOR: Safe Home Security Response - (United States of America)

I'm not sure from your complaint if you adhered to your contract's cancellation procedure. As a security company, we ask for cancellation requests to be submitted in writing. Your credit history can be repaired, provided you have satisfied your monitoring agreement's terms for discontinuation of your account upon sale and relocation from your residence. Contact our corporate office at 800-833-3211 and ask to speak with a Manager. They will gladly investigate this matter for you.