Complaint Review: Safe Home Security

• Submitted: Thu, July 23, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 23, 2009

• Reported By:Raleigh North Carolina
Safe Home Security
55 Sebethe Dr Cromwell, Connecticut U.S.A.

Safe Home Security Never Ending Ripoff....even when your house gets broken into.... Cromwell Connecticut

We've been trying to get out of our Safe Home Security contract from a year in to the contract when their equipment stopped working and they made me pay for 'cell backup' that I had already paid for when we moved in because we didn't (and don't) have a land line so it had to be only cellular... and it never worked.

I started calling in February when my husband was laid off to see if they could do ANYTHING for us since our contract was supposed to end in June.

I spoke to Juliette at extension 1177 and she told me that unfortunately they couldn't do anything but that our contract was up in July of 2009 and I could call back then and cancel.

So... I called... and spoke to someone at the beginning of July. She said the request had to be in writing but that we were still going to be responsible until it was canceled...but that we could fax it in... so stupid me, I took her for her word and faxed in my cancellation request.

Now, I find out... from Jessica Shein and Deanne that because I didn't fax or mail in my request 60 days before it was automatically renewed and there was nothing she could do about it...

to top it off....WE DON'T EVEN LIVE THERE ANYMORE!!! We moved to another city and couldn't sell our house so we're renting it. It doesn't work for our tenants and even though the house was in a safe neighborhood, the tenant had someone come after her and break into the house through a window 4th of July weekend... did the alarm go off? NOT A CHANCE.

Victoria
Raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2009 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safe-Home-Security/Cromwell-Connecticut-06416/Safe-Home-Security-Never-Ending-Ripoffeven-when-your-house-gets-broken-into-Cromwe-472652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safe Home Security