Complaint Review: Safe Home Security

• Updated: Mon, December 06, 2010

• Reported By: Disappointed — Warwick Rhode Island United States of America
Safe Home Security
1090 Elm Street Rocky Hill, Connecticut United States of America

Safe Home Security SHS Company renews your contract with no way out! Rocky Hill, Connecticut

I am having the misfortune of dealing with Safe Home Security.  This company renews your contract automatically prior to the contract being up.  You must write a letter 60 days prior to the end of your contract to not have them renew.

When speaking to customer service I was told that I signed the contract allowing them to do so.  I guess that is correct.  However I do not remember what I signed 3 years ago and I did not have this fact explained to me.  It was a rush and sign this deal.

The only thought I had recently was that my contract had expired and I could get out of a situation that was hurting me financially.  Various other things were taking priority over this stupid contract such as my sister having cancer and then going septic and almost dying.

To me this is entrapment.  They trap you into another 3 years against your will.  I have never dealt with a company that required you to cancel in writing 60 days prior to the end of your contract or you stay for another 3 years.  Not even a cell phone contract is managed like that.

This is the same company who sent a bunch of firemen and police to my house cause my alarm was going off.  I was in the backyard. Can you imagine my surprise?  No alarm was sounding.  And upon calling them I was told it was going off as we spoke.  Funny I was standing in my living room at the time.  Of course that made no difference to the idiot on the other end of the phone line.

To appease me they are giving me 1 month service free for hardship and a free battery.  Although this is a kind act I am not appeased nor am I very happy.  I will never deal with this company again after 2013!  And I will never recommend it to anyone.   Entrapment!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2010 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safe-Home-Security/Rocky-Hill-Connecticut-06067/Safe-Home-Security-SHS-Company-renews-your-contract-with-no-way-out-Rocky-Hill-Connectic-668594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safe Home Security