acquired

• Submitted: Tue, March 18, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 18, 2008

• Reported By:Monterey California
Safe Home Security
1090 Elm St, Suite 201 Rocky Hill, Connecticut U.S.A.

Safe Home Security Security Alarm didn't work, they wouldn't fix it, and they insisted on charging fees Rocky Hill Connecticut

My parents bought a smaller home to downsize, when they were in their late 70's. My father was a Korean war vet, and by 2003 couldn't balance his checkbook. The alarm system in the house they bought was serviced by this company, which charged a high monthly fee. It didn't work. The company refused to fix it, however, that didn't stop them from manipulating my parents, even then suffering from Alzheimers, into signing a 5 year renewal. In 2004, my parents decided to terminate the contract, and they just took the alarm system out and told the owner he could pick it up whenever he wanted to. The owner, Fred Gordon, insisted they pay. He was the bill collector from hell. My mother was taking care of my father, who only a few months later had to go to a nursing home, where he died. My sister was doing my mother's checkbook, and bills, because she couldn't handle it any more, and this Gordon guy was like on steroids, or something, demanding his money, for an alarm system that he refused to fix. He threatened to sue, and to mess up her credit rating. I wrote the Attorney Generals of both Massachusetts and Connecticut, asking for an investigation. My sister and I backed up my mother, for months of harassment. Finally, after a year, he did decide to no longer demand money, but his final letter said she still owed money. My parents were from the generation that paid bills, no questions asked, because companies were mostly honest, and this was a major stress on my mother, at a time when her husband of 47 years was dying, and she had financial problems.

Michel
Monterey, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2008 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safe-Home-Security/Rocky-Hill-Connecticut-06067/Safe-Home-Security-Security-Alarm-didnt-work-they-wouldnt-fix-it-and-they-insisted-on-319093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safe Home Security