Complaint Review: Safe Touch Security

• Submitted: Sat, March 16, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, March 16, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Lake Mary Florida
Safe Touch Security

Safe Touch Security SafeTouch Beware...automatic contract renewal for 2 years Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: You signed up for a 5 year contract...

I faxed a letter to cancel my alarm service.  My 3 year contract was up over a year ago, and the rep told me to fax in my cancellation.  I called a week later to confirm they received my cancellation and the rep said she didn't know.  I just received another bill in the mail.  I called again and am now told that after your contract is up, it automatically renews for another 2 years and you have to take whatever price increases they give you and you cannot cancel.  I do not understand why I was not told that the first 3 times I called.  I was told I was sent a letter in the mail after my cancellation notice was sent in, but I did not receive it.

I do not like the automatic renewal, the price increases they force on you, and the fact no one told me I could not cancel until my 3rd phone call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2013 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safe-Touch-Security/internet/Safe-Touch-Security-SafeTouch-Bewareautomatic-contract-renewal-for-2-years-Internet-1035250. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safe Touch Security

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You signed up for a 5 year contract...

AUTHOR: Chris - ()

Folks,

I am a safe touch customer...When i signed up for safe touch 3 years ago....I read the whole contract...top to bottom....it states that you are going to pay a certain amount for the equipment and monitoring for 3 years...and after 36 months you will pay a 24.99 plus tax for monitoring fee an additional 24 months...that totals 5 years...

If you read at the top of the back page of the contract section 1. Increases in taxes and other fees.....it states that you agree to pay any increase in taxes and fees that may be imposed on the company by any utility or govt agency...thats why it's more than 24.99...a month for the last 24 months...

If everyone would take the time to read the contract and fine print...you would have known up front and said no...i dont agree and you not have used safe touch from the start!..Or you would say, ok i get it... no problem...which what i said.

I cant tell you how many people complain about this 5 year contract with safe touch...all becasue they did not read!

agricultural