Complaint Review: SafeCart

• Updated: Thu, February 23, 2012

• Reported By: Linnea — Berkeley California United States of America
SafeCart
1205 - 4464 Markham Street Victoria, British Columbia United States of America

SafeCart PC Cleaner Took payment for PC Cleaner order, provided no license key and no customer service response Victoria, British Columbia Canada

*UPDATE Employee: SafeCart Charge

I ordered PC Cleaner Pro V10 and Privacy Tool from SafeCart on 1-17-12 and downloaded the software.  My purchase was confirmed via PayPal and included auto renewals.

The software searched for problems whenever I turned on my computer, but it wouldn't fix them until I registered the software and provide a license key.  I hadn't been sent a license key or instructions for registering the software, so I tried to call their customer service.  The phone number didn't even ring.  Then I sent an e-mail inquiry on 1/18/12, but have received no response to date.

I finally reached a tech support line for PC Cleaner (in a non-US location) and was told that the key should have been e-mailed to me.   I checked my SPAM and Junk files as well as my Inbox for it, but found nothhing. The tech then asked to take remote control of my computer so he could find it.  I didn't feel comfortable allowing him to do so since I knew nothing about the company or the tech.

Instead, I removed the software from my PC, cancelled the auto renewals on PayPal and requested my money back for the software purchase.  I also informed my credit card company that the payment was in dispute.  Since I still have heard nothing back from SafeCart or PC Cleaner about my refund, I've escalated the dispute in PayPal.

At this point, I don't want anything to do with their software since the support is so terrible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2012 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SafeCart/-Victoria-British-Columbia-V8Z-7X8/SafeCart-PC-Cleaner-Took-payment-for-PC-Cleaner-order-provided-no-license-key-and-no-cust-835447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SafeCart

SafeCart Charge

AUTHOR: CustomerSupport - (Canada)

Hello,

We apologize if you had difficulties with your purchase of PC Cleaners.
SafeCart is one of the Internet's leading credit card payment services. We primarily transact digitally downloaded products like software, games and the like. With support for multiple currencies, we provide digital download product publishers a way to accept online payments for their products.
Our customer service is open M-F 6am to 5pm PST and we have been overwhelmed by emails so we again apologize for a delay in our response to you.
PC Cleaners could have also been reached for technical support by contact them through Live Chat or email at www.pc-cleaners.com and then clicking on Support.
The technician you were speaking with was a third party contracted out by PC Cleaners. They are Mircrosoft Certified technicians to assist with issues and problems with your computers.

If you still have not had conformation on your refund or have any questions for us please feel free to give us a call at 1-855-432-0727.

Regards,