Complaint Review: SafeCart

• Reported By: anonymous — Tennessee United States of America
SafeCart

SafeCart scam, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: SafeCart Charge

I was having problems with computer being slow. I am not tech savvy and was desperate. The SafeCart pop-up advertised that it could help me. I contacted the number and spoke with someone who said they were a technician. He advised me that I had many issues such as viruses and that I would need to contact a licensed repairperson in order to fix it. Then he advised me he had someone to refer me to that could do the same thing the repairperson could do and would do it over the phone.

So he connected me to someone else who started reading a script about how my computer was infected with viruses and how I shouldn't try to use it until I had it looked at by a professional. It just so happened that they could do this and I wouldn't even have to leave the house! Let me add that there was a serious language barrier because the people I talked to were in India. They ended up selling me a package that for $255 I would get my computer cleaned up of viruses and then they would install the Norton antivirus program. Also any time that I needed technical support that they would be available.

So with my permission the tech "cleaned" my computer...I was told that this could take up to 3 hours and it took 15 minutes. I was so confused...we couldn't understand each other and half the things he told me made no sense. The next day I decided to get some info on SafeCart saw where several people had complained about it being a scam. And my computer was just as slow as it had been before they "worked" on it the day before. So I contacted my credit card company and said I was disputing the charge and why. This was lass than a week ago and SafeCart immediately agreed to refund my money when contacted by Discover. I count myself extremely lucky to have gotten my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 01:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SafeCart/internet/SafeCart-scam-Internet-978171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SafeCart

SafeCart Charge

AUTHOR: CustomerSupport - (Canada)

Hello,

SafeCart is one of the Internet's leading payment processing services. We are sorry to hear of any problems you have encountered with your transaction/purchase, and please understand that we do take your complaint seriously. In regards to your complaint, please contact us at SafeCart, and we will be more than happy to assist you. You can reach our customer service at 1-855-432-0727 (M-F 6am to 5pm PST) or through email at customerservice@safecart.com.

Warm regards,