Complaint Review: Safecart.com

• Submitted: Tue, May 22, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, May 22, 2012

• Reported By: Robert — Oneonta New York United States of America
Safecart.com

Safecart.com driverutilities.com deceptive and theft of funds for unwanted software hidden in their download, Internet

*Author of original report: payment is being refunded

*UPDATE Employee: SafeCart Charge

This company advertised system driver locater and installation software. Upon starting installation it started loading unwanted NORTON products and was actually looking to sell additional software. T hey offered no means to stop the program so in order to stop it I turned off the computer. I immediately called the phone number listed for support and after a one hour wait on hold I was told to send an email and a refund would be processed within 7 days.

I then received an email from driverutilities@driversupport .com They sent a disclaimer trying to avoid paying my refund.
 Obviously a scam . Look at their web page 3o day free trial ??? In any event they continue to send emails to avoid the cancellation In addition I have now discovered they double billed me for the software. After speaking to the phone rep I immediately erased the programs from my system but I have no way to know if they installed any spy ware or malicious programs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2012 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safecartcom/internet/Safecartcom-driverutilitiescom-deceptive-and-theft-of-funds-for-unwanted-software-hidden-886225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safecart.com

payment is being refunded

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States of America)

Update. I contacted their "processing " contractor SafeCart and they say they are now removing the charge and that there will not be a balance due. Not sure what did this but thank you for providing an outlet to apply pressure.

Of course , I am sure the poor and irresponsible  business practices will continue.

SafeCart Charge

AUTHOR: CustomerSupport - (Canada)

Hello,

We are sorry to hear of your experience with this purchase. We also take you complaint very seriously. Please contact us directly by calling 1-855-432-0727 M-F 6am to 5pm Sat-Sun 8am to 4pm PST or email us at customerservice@safecart.com so we can assist you with this charge and help you receive the refund you have been waiting for.

We look forward in hearing from you.

Kind regards,