Complaint Review: Safeco Insurance Group

• Submitted: Thu, June 18, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 18, 2009

• Reported By:Seguin Texas
Safeco Insurance Group
9218 Russell Way Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

Safeco Insurance Group They sent me a check but wont answer my call Seattle Washington

*Consumer Comment: Safeco deserves to be a victim to

*Consumer Comment: Please don't cash the check...

*Consumer Comment: You didn't cash it yet, right?

Crazy they send you a letter say you have won!!! Just call the number and redeem. So I called, curios to the scam. The claim agent will not answer your call. So I called the Michael Howard to find out whats up. He said to try again, kelly answers and shortly hangs up on me!! I called Michael to find out whats up. He calls her and she says that I was talking weird. He ask me if I could just be a bit more polite this will work out. So I called back, glutten for punishment I guess. Well they never answered me and now Im upset. Now Michael will not answer my calls and Im ready to cash my $4987 bucks. Well I better leave welll enough alone. How in the world do folks find the time and money to practice such??

Truckmiser
Seguin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2009 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safeco-Insurance-Group/Seattle-Washington-98225-2842/Safeco-Insurance-Group-They-sent-me-a-check-but-wont-answer-my-call-Seattle-Washington-462636. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safeco Insurance Group

AUTHOR: Pissed Off Consumer - (U.S.A.)

Safeco deserves to be a victim to. After the problems they caused me. They caused me to lose my checking account, then they messed up my credit. They caused money I used to pay bills to bounce. And caused $900 In overraft fees.

But my bank forgave the last $444 because It wasn't my fault, so I don't have to pay It. Then safeco cancelled my policy because my checking account was still In the negative.

And I could not pay my last bill to safeco, which was $400. I am glad to see they are having troublesm themselves. Know they have something to worry about, for all the troubles they caused me.

They are fustrated & upset.

Please don't cash the check...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

it is a scam but Safeco has nothing to do with it. If Michael Howard is the name given you on the check or in the letter with the check, he's the scammer. He's using Safeco's name because it's known. Let me guess, you were supposed to depsoit this check paid as taxes on your winnings and deliver a portion to Michael. You would then receive the larger check for your winnings. Except this check is a fraud and you would have been out the money you sent. Additionally the entire amount would have been taken back out of your account and you would be responsible for anything you had used. Again Safeco is a much as victim as you.

You didn't cash it yet, right?

AUTHOR: Mrsz - (U.S.A.)

I would advise you not to cash it if you were planning on doing so. I couldn't tell from the body of the letter, if you knew it was a scam or not.
Did they inform you to wire them money or anything? This is how they make money off people. They give you a check for $3 to $5 thousand bucks, and tell you to send them the tax money, and you keep the rest. You cash the check, which is bad, and send them the amount requested. They get your good money, and in turn, you are held responsible by the bank for the bad check! It sucks.

She probably hung up on you because they got pinched by someone else. Usualy works a few times before people catch on to the scam, than they pack up and leave town.....