Complaint Review: Safeco Security

Safeco Security
12300 Ford St #348 Farmers Branch, Texas United States of America

Safeco Security Misrepresentation and false sales tactic Farmers Branch, Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Express Online

I too have the same deal. But this time it was a 2 girls who  sold me an ADT Monitored Security System. They said, "You do not have to pay anything,  it is a special deal for a short period of time we are providing the installation equipment for free" and you can cancel within 6 months and be under no obligation to anyone.  I should have been more leary of this.  Which I did and almost went to an argument with the girls cause I thought it sounded too good to be true.  But my husband was going overseas and feel much better if there were security system in our home.  Sounds great, so my husband sign the paper without realising that he has sign an agreement locking ourselves into a 3 year contract, the biggest mistake ever made.

2 months later my husband left the country and ask me about the system. I told him that with or without the system the neighborhood was safe and that I really do not need it. So he said that since we practically have up to 6 months without any obligation we can cancel when the 6 months is almost up. Well tomorrow will be 6 months and I call today to cancel. Guess what!!!!

ADT told me that I am still obligated to pay the remaining time of the contract which will be up to 2014. By the way Safeco Security is no longer in the physical address that was on the Certificate of Security Syst Installation agmt. That office is closed and there is none in the Dallas Fort Worth area. ( I have google and found nothing of this company in Dallas).  They must have move to another city and set up shop in another state to do these shady sales pitch. I had my system install in April. The folks in Tampa must be later than mine.  I did not realised that there is a scam going on out there because I know that ADT is a huge company and would not be involve in these sort of a shady business dealings.  Well guess what I was wrong. Anytime a company can make money they do not care who they do their business with.  Bottom line PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT.......

I talk to ADT and they would not care about my complain or my plea. NO compassion at all from Tiffany Senior the manager of Customer Relation in ADT. In other words you sign and thats that. Who cares whether you were lied to, mislead or there was a misrepresentation. The thing is you sign and you have to pay for it and that is what was clearly told to me from her..... Thanks ADT!!! I see how you conduct your business. I told them I just want to cancel my account and get out of the contract.  No can do.

So BEWARE of SAFECO SECURITY. Tell them to get lost and do not sign anything with them or whatsoever. Just be aware if it is too good to be true there is always a scam and fraud involved.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2011 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safeco-Security/Farmers-Branch-Texas-75231/Safeco-Security-Misrepresentation-and-false-sales-tactic-Farmers-Branch-Texas-788937. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safeco Security

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Express Online

AUTHOR: HardlyComplains - (United States of America)

One other thing you can do is make sure it is out there on all other complaint sites. If you do a google search for "safeco security tampa", the first two pages is full of rip off reports. Go to each of those sites and add yours for your location. Perhaps they will be more willing to settle with you when you have made a bigger voice for your opinion on their company.