• Report: #197377

• Submitted: Tue, June 20, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, June 20, 2006

• Reported By:Spring Hill Tennessee
Safelite Auto Glass
safelite.com Columbia, Tennessee U.S.A.

Safelite Auto Glass lack of customer service or even attempting to satisfy the problem ripoff Columbia Tennessee

I contracted Safelite Auto Glass to replace my windshield. When the service techs arrived I gave them a check and opened the vehicle per their instructions so I could "go about my day". Shame on me as I should have inspected their work prior to them leaving. When I did check my vehicle the passenger window was half down which I hadn't left down. I do have power windows so this was very strange.

When I attempted to roll it up it fell the rest of the way down and would not work. My receptionist who watched them did state that the two techs had both doors open and were jumping up and down trying to get the winshield in place. When I called Safelite the tech told me exact words "you are crazy there is no way I did that" and "take it to a dealership and then call me".

Apparently the tech told his supervisor I refused to give them my keys during instalation so it was my fault. I was never even asked for my keys. Well of course I made numerous calls to the site to get resolution and was told numerous times there was no way they did it. I even complained via their corporate web site to no avail.

I sent three messages with no response. They finally sent a tech back out, who told me he could not fix it and he would have his supervisor call me. This never happened either, no follow up calls, no contact for resolution. I blame myself for not inspecting the work prior to the original service tech leaving. Not that it would have changed the outcome but at least they would have seen the damage they caused. I did have my window fixed at my cost and will never use Safelite again.

I would highly recommend if you are in middle TN do not use Safelite Auto Glass.

Robert
Spring Hill, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2006 08:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safelite-Auto-Glass/Columbia-Tennessee/Safelite-Auto-Glass-lack-of-customer-service-or-even-attempting-to-satisfy-the-problem-rip-197377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safelite Auto Glass