Complaint Review: Saferwholesale.com

• Updated: Mon, May 27, 2013

• Reported By: DissatisfiedUser123 — New York New York
Saferwholesale.com
Internet USA

Saferwholesale.com Threatening customer service, a shakedown attempt, and far too much stress Internet

I tried to purchase something for $400 from these guys in February. After placing my order, they called me and said that there was a mistake on the website and I needed to pay a shipping fee. He told me the cost, and I said, "okay, then cancel the order." Then he said he could give me a discount on the shipping, but I said, no, that's fine, just cancel the order. He put me on hold, came back, and said never mind, they'd give me free shipping as the site promised.

That was my first WTF moment with these guys--a shakedown? Seriously?

Then two weeks later after the device still didn't show up, I called them and was told they couldn't process my payment because the billing address and the shipping address didn't match and I needed to send them a photocopy of my ID and a canceled check. Again, alarm bells--surely I'm not the first person with a different shipping and billing address, since every e-retailer on Earth allows you to put different shipping and billing addresses, right? When I asked about this, the guy (Conor) was not only rude but threatening, so again I asked for a refund. He refused, and said they wouldn't ship until I sent a copy of my ID. "So you'll keep my money and not ship the device--how is that not fraud?" I asked. He got extremely irate, and at this point I was so annoyed that I just agreed to play along, and sent a copy of my ID...

Then I waited over two weeks to get the device. A very stressful two weeks where I wasn't even sure I'd get the thing. I had to call them three times and finally threaten to report the case to my bank to get a chargeback before the device finally arrived.

Avoid these people like the plague.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2013 06:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Saferwholesalecom/internet/Saferwholesalecom-Threatening-customer-service-a-shakedown-attempt-and-far-too-much-st-1054093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Saferwholesale.com