Complaint Review: Safetynet Bookkeeping

• Updated: Tue, October 30, 2012

• Reported By: Richard — new york New York United States of America
Safetynet Bookkeeping
1718 Quenti Rd. Brooklyn, New York United States of America

Safetynet Bookkeeping Dianne Rauch Never, ever trust this business or individual Brooklyn, New York

*Author of original report: Safetynet bookkeepping rebuttal

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Report untrue from Richard about Safety Net Bookeeping Services

A few years ago I was looking for a bookkeeper based in Brooklyn. In searching online, I found one such company that was based in relatively close proximity. I came across a company "Safetynet Bookkeeping". The owner, Dianne Rauch, came to my office and after talking to her for a while, I had hired her. She was to be paid by the hour.

Fast forward approximately 2 years. Ms. Rauch gradually was spending increasing amounts of time on her cell phone. Remember, she was paid by the hour. In house, we had an order entry person who entered invoices into Quick Books, and it was Ms. Rauch's job to pay them and clear up any discrepancies with companies we deal with.

At a certain point, the order entry person quit suddenly, in November, our busiest time of the year (pre-holiday) Both myself and my office manager told Ms. Rauch what happened and she expressed sympathy.

A few months later, we started to notice Ms. Rauch was putting in for more and more hours. We could not see why. So we watched her carefully. The final straw was when she came in at 1 PM and left at 3 PM, saying she will be back later. She called and said she could not make it back until the next day. When she returned and completed her work for that week, she put in for 6 hours for the previous day. I confronted her about this. I asked her to explain. She could not. I fired her on the spot. However, the lack of integrity and dishonesty did not end there.

I received a notice from the Dept. of Labor that the order entry clerk we had was applying for unemployment insurance. In as much as I did not fire her, I went to the hearing protesting that I did not fire her and should not be responsible I was astonished to learn that when she left us, she went to work for Ms. Rauch. She said she was laid off by Ms. Rauch. When she left us unexpectedly, Ms. Rauch encouraged her to do so, and she hired her. When Ms. Rauch lost our account, she could not afford to keep the order entry clerk employed. Apparently Ms. Rauch did not have unemployment insurance or did not have enough in her account, thus the State of New York reverts back to the previous employer.

In summation, I would never, ever trust Safetynet Bookkeeping or Dianne Rauch with any thing. To say she is dishonest and distrustful would be putting it mildly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2011 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safetynet-Bookkeeping/Brooklyn-New-York-11229/Safetynet-Bookkeeping-Dianne-Rauch-Never-ever-trust-this-business-or-individual-Brooklyn-703730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safetynet Bookkeeping

Safetynet bookkeepping rebuttal

AUTHOR: Richard - (United States of America)

The employee who worked for both Safetynet Bookkeeping, Aysha Rodriguez, and my company would have no idea what hours Dianne Rausch was putting in for payment. Thus how could she write a rebuttal regarding Rausch's integrity?

However, what is fact is she was fired by Safetynet Bookkeeping (Dianne Rausch) immediately after I fired Rausch for theft and fraud. Want proof? Rodriguez filed for unemployment from me because Rausch fired her. I have all the legal papers to prove it.

Anyone who wishes to discuss this wit me, can email me at: sonny3466@yahoo.com.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Report untrue from Richard about Safety Net Bookeeping Services

AUTHOR: Barryinnyc - (United States of America)

I read the below report and while I believe in first amendent rights, I also believe you don't slam a person like Ms. Dianne Rauch. I had no bookeeping experience (as I was going to school for business) when she agreed to hire me and agreed to teach me Quickbooks. Ms. Rauch was not only very professional but personable. I had diffuculty understanding Quickbooks and she took her time to teach me and answer my questions. After a few months she allowed me to accompany her clients (she first asked the clients for their permission). While learning from her in a working environment I found her to be utmost honest and very detailed about her work. I remember Haggar Industries Inc would not give her permission because supposedly the owner (The same Richard that reported the below report) had personal issues with people and felt she was going to charge him for my services (even though I was working for free to help with my education). It is sad that such a report has provided such a negative spotlight on Ms. Rauch. I could guarantee the clients she has worked for would say the complete opposite. I know that when I left Ms. Rauch (to continue my education in the buiness world) there were no issues and she continued to gain clients.