Complaint Review: Safeway Gas Rewards

• Updated: Wed, August 22, 2012

• Reported By: calbloom — American Canyon California United States of America
Safeway Gas Rewards
Lincoln Rd Vallejo, California United States of America

Safeway Gas Rewards My recent receipt from Safeway in Amer Canyn said I had 1 gas reward which the Vallejo station wouldn't honor Vallejo, California

On 8/20, I bought groceries at the American Canyon Safeway.  My receipt said that I had 1 gas reward worth 10 cents a gallon discount.
On 8/22, I went to the Vallejo Safeway to get gas and the pump didn't say anything about a gas reward so I went to the window where you pay for gas, gave them my telephone number and they said I didn't have any rewards.
No one else in my house has bought gas since 8/20.
I called the American Canyon Safeway Customer Service and they said they couldn't help me.
I called the Vallejo Safeway Customer Service and they said they also couldn't help me.
A friend who works for Safeway said that this is a common problem and might be linked to employees using customer information to use customer rewards.

I will just avoid shopping at Safeway in the future!!
What a waste of time!  You have to purchase $100 of groceries to get this gas reward worth just 10 cents a gallon!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2012 05:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safeway-Gas-Rewards/Vallejo-California-/Safeway-Gas-Rewards-My-recent-receipt-from-Safeway-in-Amer-Canyn-said-I-had-1-gas-reward-931175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safeway Gas Rewards