• Report: #920872

• Updated: Wed, August 01, 2012

• Reported By: Duped — United States of America
Safeway Insurance, Guardian Insurance
Alpharetta, Georgia United States of America

Safeway Insurance, Guardian Insurance scam, claim unpaid, no return calls Alpharetta, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Quick Update

*Consumer Comment: Sounds Familiar

My vehicle was "insured" by Guardian Insurance an Safeway Insurance.  My car was hit by a woman who ran a stop sign in Front of a police officer.  We were both insured through Safeway.

After months of no one answering our calls, the DAY  before our coverage ends, they finally tell us that they will not pay because the guilty driver was excluded from the coverage.

The accident happened april 27th an they tell us this 7/31/2012.

My car has about 5 grand woth of damage.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2012 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safeway-Insurance-Guardian-Insurance/Alpharetta-Georgia-/Safeway-Insurance-Guardian-Insurance-scam-claim-unpaid-no-return-calls-Alpharetta-Geo-920872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safeway Insurance, Guardian Insurance

Quick Update

AUTHOR: METOO - ()

Shortly after I wrote this I emailed Safeway with a link to ripoff reports.  They called us at 6 a.m. and had an adjustor out that day!  We have since received a check along with a letter stating if mechanic finds further damage we should contact them.

Sounds Familiar

AUTHOR: METOO - ()

Someone insured through Safeway recently hit me.  It was their fault, they admitted it, its in the police report.  I have played phone tag, heard "someone will call you back," and then received a letter stating they "have a coverage issue with the policyholder."  Really?  But they can't tell me what the "issue" is, but it IS being investigated and presently they are unable to accept or admit any coverage.  Basically, "fix it yourself." It shouldn't take 2+ weeks to verify if this person had coverage or not.  Duped, was wondering if your complaint was ever resolved?