Complaint Review: Safeway

• Submitted: Wed, May 23, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, May 23, 2012

• Reported By: Z31RIDER — Los angeles California United States of America
4520 W sunset Blvd Los Angeles, California United States of America

Safeway Vons in Silverlake area. Store # 2665 Falsely arrested outside store by loss prevention security. Two incidents occurred at same store Los Angeles , California

Loss prevention Security at Von's Supermarket in Silverlake store # 2665 falsely detained me outide their store. Security accused me of stealing merchandise. On a separate incident same security agent followed me inside the and made himself visible by following to the check out counter. I was the only person checking out in line at the time. Security agent stood in bagger area to show his presence. This was to send a clear message that he was watching me. I've brought these issues up to store management and customer service via telephonic call. These incidents have been ignored by personnel indicating that they have zero accountability for their actions. After 3 months I was contacted by store Manager only after I mentioned to customer service rep that I would contact the Media. The store Manger offered me a $25.00 gift card for the inconvenience. I explained to Manager I would contact my Attorney. The following day I was contacted by Regional Loss Prevention Manager and he informed that the Penal Code allows to do what they do. Regional loss prevention Manger offered me a $50.00 gift card for my inconvenience. I explained to him that I would be taking action on this matter. His reply was "ok"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2012 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safeway/Los-Angeles-California-90027-6057/Safeway-Vons-in-Silverlake-area-Store-2665-Falsely-arrested-outside-store-by-loss-preve-887212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safeway