Complaint Review: Safeway

• Updated: Sun, October 14, 2012

• Reported By: Z31RIDER — Los Angeles California USA
Safeway
4520 W. Sunset Blvd Los Angeles, California United States of America

Safeway Vons market in Silverlake area Loss Prevention security falsely detained me outside the store. Also same security harassed me inside same store Los Angeles , California

*Consumer Suggestion: Just avoid vons

*Consumer Comment: Curious

Loss Prevention security detained me outside Vons store in Silver lake area store # (2665) and accused me of taking merchandise without paying for it. On a separate incident, same loss privation agent followed me to check out counter and stood in bagging area to show his presence. I was the only customer in line at the time. Security made it clear by his presence that he was observing me. I've contacted customer service on these incidents and and after 3 months they returned my phone call. That's after I informed them that I was going to contact the Media. The store Manager offered me a $25.00 gift card. I explained to him that I would contact my attorney. The following day I was contacted by Loss Prevention regional manager and told that he would give me a $50.00 gift card. Further more he explained that the penal code allows them to do what they do. I asked him if the store manager had informed him of my actions. Loss prevention manager said yes " he said you would file a law suit" I asked him if that concerned him? He replied go ahead. The company has shown to have no accountability for their actions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2012 09:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safeway/Los-Angeles-California-90027-6057/Safeway-Vons-market-in-Silverlake-area-Loss-Prevention-security-falsely-detained-me-outsid-887324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safeway

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Just avoid vons

AUTHOR: Ksou - (United States of America)

It sounds like you had a serious problem with Vons, and then decided to go back into the same store . Like the K-Town vons is the same way, they have a security guard who will make you check your backpack in, and harass you if you have bags from a different store .

Notice, that Target and some other stores will never do this, while stores like Costco(only negative on them btw) will always do this .

After the first incident I would of never returned to the same store . Often if a store asks me to check in my backpack i'll simply walk out.

To retailers, this is apart of the reason brick and mortar stores are slowly fading away . I can order something from Amazon and not have to worry about some min wage moron stalking me or being treated like a criminal .

Curious

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

When you were originally "detained" did they call the police?  Were you arrested?  Did it make it to court?  What was the result if it did?

Anyways you don't seem to concerned about this.  You called them and waited 3 months for them to return the call?   If this was such a major issue for you how come you didn't contact your attorney in that 3 month period?