Complaint Review: Safilo USA

• Submitted: Tue, December 19, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, December 26, 2006

• Reported By:Corinth Texas
Safilo USA
801 Jefferson Road Parsippany, New Jersey U.S.A.

Safilo USA ripoff not honoring 1 year warranty want to sell me another pair of glasses instead Parsippany New Jersey

*Author of original report: I'd be pleased with the pricing...

Purchased a pair of $165.00 Kate Spade sun glasses last year on 12/19 at Solstice and was told they had a in store warranty for 30 days then a 1 year warranty through Safilo.

My glasses started to crack where the screws met the lenses so I decided to jump through the Safilo hoops (send $10 for processing, glasses via certified mail, 4-6 weeks processing) and get my glasses repaired.

I was just phoned and told they were not honoring the warranty on my glasses because they were discontinued. I told the lady how was I supposed to know they would be discontinued when I bought them and where does it state that you won't honor fixing a discontinued pair. She could not advise that it stated this anywhere. Rather she said I could either have my damaged glasses back or I could go to a store and pick out another pair of Kate Spade glasses I liked, write down the model # and call her and she would give me a reduced price. This offer stands for 30 days, expiring on 1/19/07.

WHAT A RIPOFF that the only option for a pair in full working order is to now fork over more money!!!

Lisa
Corinth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2006 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safilo-USA/Parsippany-New-Jersey-07054/Safilo-USA-ripoff-not-honoring-1-year-warranty-want-to-sell-me-another-pair-of-glasses-ins-226279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safilo USA

I'd be pleased with the pricing...

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

or so the Safilo representative said when she told me to contact her regarding the replacement glasses I wanted.

I selected 2 pairs, each retailed for $175.00 each and they offered them for $98.00. What a bargin...NOT.

I'd like to hear if anyone else has had dealings w/ this company or success in any type of escalation path to management.

Please advise.