Complaint Review: Sahalie

• Reported By: jnltech — 97624 Oregon United States of America
Sahalie
3188 NW Aloclek Drive Hilsboro, Oregon United States of America

Sahalie Sahalie Rewards scam Hilsboro, Oregon

I have been a loyal customer of Sahalie for over 10 years and I have spent thousands of dollars on products offered by Sahalie.

This past Christmas Season (2010) I placed an order on the Sahalie web site. Somewhere in the order process, I "apparently" agreed to become a member of some type of awards program. I was then charged 14.95/month. I caught this charge after two months and had the program cancelled. Once I had noticed this, my Wife looked at her credit card statement and noticed there were 6 months of charges from the same "Sahalie Rewards" program. When we contacted the company and inquired about this, they were willing to credit two months of charges. We are out $60.00 because we were not vigilant about fine print and web page pop-up form boxes. The credit card charges were well hidden as they were intermingled with legitimate Sahalie orders.

This was done in a stealth-full manner and I am ashamed to have been phished in on such a scam. I am also ashamed that Sahalie would allow a marketing company do this to their customers and then defend the practice as being legitimate. The most surprising aspect of this practice is:
1 - it is legal
2 - it is whole heartedly defended by the company, Sahalie,
3 - it is whole heartedly defended by my credit card company, US bank.

What I have learned...In the eyes of business, I am the idiot customer, there for the sole purpose of gleaning hard earned cash - legalized white collar crime. If they can fool me into agreeing to a service that provides nothing of value, they have earned their wage.

This is akin to the snake oil salesman; however, these crooks are comparative cowards since we cannot drag them out into the dirt road and coat them with tar and feathers.

As the result of this incident, I will no longer order any products from Sahalie.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2011 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sahalie/Hilsboro-Oregon-97124/Sahalie-Sahalie-Rewards-scam-Hilsboro-Oregon-702148. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sahalie