Complaint Review: Saint Leo University

• Reported By: Chris — Corpus Christi Texas
Saint Leo University
Corpus Christi Army Depot Corpus Christi, Texas USA

Saint Leo University Ripped off By Saint Leo University Corpus Christi Texas

Upon moving to Corpus Christi Texas I enquired with Saint Leo University about transferring to their school as the one I was attending has no campus here. I was told by Alma, a recruiting specialist that I needed to provide my transcripts and fill out an application (no mention of a fee for this) to have a degree audit performed so I would know what classes I would need to take if I transferred. So I complied, 3 months later I get a collection call for a $40 application fee.

I was never notified by Alma or anyone else at the University that there was a fee to enquire about transferring to the school. Honestly how do you get students if you charge a fee to look into the school. I contacted the University and was instructed that I have to take it up with satellite campus I applied through. So I did and was told that this is a non refundable fee charged to everyone who fills out an application and wants a degree audit. Sure seems like a scam to me, I know it is only $40 but it is the principle of how that $40 was acquired.

I have moved and transferred into other Universities and have never been charged a fee to have them tell me what classes would be needed to meet their criteria. This seems rediculous to me and I would advise thinking very hard about working with an institution that engages in this practice. And here is the best part, since I didn't know the fee was charged - it has been accruing late fees and interest. I paid it to avoid collection and just wanted to share this so maybe some other unsuspecting person doesn't get scammed like I did. Be leary of Saint Leo University.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2014 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Saint-Leo-University/Corpus-Christi-Texas/Saint-Leo-University-Ripped-off-By-Saint-Leo-University-Corpus-Christi-Texas-1121488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Saint Leo University