Complaint Review: Saint Matthew's Churches

• Submitted: Thu, April 15, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, April 15, 2004

• Reported By:Murfreesboro Tennessee
Saint Matthew's Churches
P.O Box 22148 Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Saint Matthew's Churches Ripoff sacreligious scam Tulsa Oklahoma

As a firm believer in Christ, I was intrigued to read on the outside of my mail that " two homes are about to be blessed." Also on the outside of the envelope was a prayer to Jesus.

Since I am a Christian, I was curious to open and read this letter. The thing that first caught my eye was the statement, "God's Holy blessing is in the enclosed anointed prayer rug we are loaning you to use". Sadly, people who aren't Christ follwers may read this and think it the only way to be blessed.

However, we Christians know that we will be blessed for being devoted Christ followers, not because we are using the prayer rug. (By the way, I do respect other belief systems, but Saint Matthews Church claims to be our "brothers and sisters in Christ", which means they claim to be Christ followers.)

They also referred to this rug as the "Holy Ghost", which is highly misleading. Throughout the Bible the Holy Spirit was professed to be a gift to those who accepted Christ.

Also, this packet is idolatry in it's purest form. St. Matthews Church puts a ton of emphasis on this rug saving us, instead of God saving us. Exodus 20:4 states "....you should not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything....you shall not bow down to them or worship them..." Enough said!!

In James 5:1 it states, "the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." To me this means we can pray on our own and be powerful and effective. I don't think we need a paper rug to have powerful and effective prayers.

Aimee
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2004 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Saint-Matthews-Churches/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74121-9909/Saint-Matthews-Churches-Ripoff-sacreligious-scam-Tulsa-Oklahoma-87755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Saint Matthew's Churches